Help!!!

SpiderMomma1

Arachnopeon
I have a female Phiddipus Audax named Teddy that I caught around three/four months ago. I feed her a fly every other day, and I mist her cage ever so often along the walls so she can drink. She's such a happy little spider!
She spun a web in her cage a few weeks ago, and I found out that she was going to have little babies!! Being a huge spider fan, I was excited. Yesterday I checked and I saw little baby spiders up in the nest. They are adorbs!!
I had to move the kiddos because the cage that I have Teddy in has holes they could escape out of. I did some research and carefully moved the web and the babies to another smaller jar. They've got lots of room and plenty of air, but I feel like they died because I haven't seen them move again! Is this normal? Are they just resting? What do I feed them? They're so tiny!! Please respond quickly!!! I need some help :arghh:

Last edited:

Wout

Arachnopeon
I feed tiny spiders fruitflies. I have raised P.regius and they loved fruitfly's. Are the legs in deadcurl?

SpiderMomma1

Arachnopeon
I feed tiny spiders fruitflies. I have raised P.regius and they loved fruitfly's. Are the legs in deadcurl?
I can't see them inside of their nest... that's why I'm concerned! I held one yesterday and it was fine and happy. Maybe they're hungry??

Wout

Arachnopeon
I think there fine. Don't worry to much. Watch out with water. The slings drown easily in bigger drops of water. They can take down flies almost twice there own size.

SpiderMomma1

Arachnopeon
I think there fine. Don't worry to much. Watch out with water. The slings drown easily in bigger drops of water. They can take down flies almost twice there own size.
OK, thank you! So regular winged fruit flies that you would find on a banana are OK? Or should I go for wingless?

Wout

Arachnopeon
Doesn't matter regular or wingless. If it moves they will gladly take it down.

pandabacon

Arachnosquire
How long did they take to hatch? My female is currently guarding eggs laid Oct 23rd which was a little over 2 weeks ago and I have not yet seen any slings. She's still guarding them and sitting right on top of them when I just checked earlier.

Last edited: