Help!

Veles

Arachnobaron
OP, you could take a lesson from the Sparassids. An extreme example of cannibalism and survival. The mom genetically has an off switch on her eating which turns back on shortly after the hatching. Unlike the lycos, the kids are armed and dangerous at birth and put it in boogie mode the moment they hatch. Get the frak away from mom and siblings ASAP. Just think of a more primitive survivalist that considers anything as potential food.
Lycos are a little more sophisticated, but still, fellow slings are a buffet meal.
To be frank,sparassids are a lot more agressive when it comes to protecting their young.
Hell even Pisauridae know to be feisty in that regard

SuperG

Arachnopeon
Okay, so she left her unopened egg today... any insight? No babies, not fertile? She's totally away from it the entire day... thanks for any help!

She was carrying it everywhere yesterday, had it holding above her shallow water bowl while drinking etc...

...and do I discard it, or? It honestly seemed like it got larger we swore there would be babies one day soon now... ?

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
...and do I discard it, or? It honestly seemed like it got larger we swore there would be babies one day soon now... ?
If she abandoned it, it may be a dud sac, but I would leave it for now just in case it's not.

SuperG

Arachnopeon
Okay, she moved it yesterday, I'm not sure where too? she doesn't seem to have it.
Thanks will keep watching, waiting, feeding her :)

Attachments