Help

WeatherStar4000

Arachnopeon
My Avic Avic pink toe has had difficulty molting. It's about 2.5 to 3" big. Earlier today it was on it's back molting. About 5 hours later he/she was standing. Since then, the entire left side of the legs are still stuck on the new molt. He/she walks around and the molt is still stuck on the body. Basically he/she is a walking mass of 16 legs.

Does this mean the molt is permanently stuck to the left side legs? What do I do to get this old molt completely off? I'd estimate it's been 12 or more hours since the molt began.

Need some advice asap...worrying quite a bit here.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have heard ( never done it myself ) that if you apply a couple of drops of dish soap to water you can brush it on the area where the moult didn't come off. This should soften / lubricate it enough to hopefully get it off. Don't get any on the book lungs !

There are more drastic measure that can be taken if need be... Lets hope this works

WeatherStar4000

Arachnopeon
molt still stuck to 3 legs

I've tried moistening the molt and am in the process of doing the shower deal. I've figured out all the right side legs are out, the left rear leg is out. The other 3 left legs aren't out yet. It's draining the pinktoe's strength pretty quickly. It's been a good 36 hours since the beginning of the molt.

What's the next step if the humidity from the shower doesn't work? How long should I wait to attempt anything else.

I will do what I can to cut away the old molt as a last resort.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
At this point all you can really do is cut away as much of the old skin as you can. She should be ok so long as she can eat and drink and hopefully she corrects it in the next molt.

WeatherStar4000

Arachnopeon
When I cut away the old mold, I can leave the old mold on whats supposed to be the new legs...correct? Should the T be able to use these legs once I get the other excess mold off? Or will it dry and harden causing those 3 legs to be done with?

I'd really like to get all of it off but that's not going the be realistic. It's been 36 hours and I highly doubt it's coming off the remaining 3 legs. My other T's have had less problematic molts, all have gone smoothly.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just get off what you can, the remains on the legs are going to have to stay till she molts again. Take a picture too I am curious to see what she looks like before and after.