Help with G. Pulchripes

Tmobo

Arachnopeon
My little 1 inch Pulchripes has this red bump on the underside of the abdomen. I am wanting to know if anyone knows what it might be and if it is a problem. She molted last week and since then she has been out instead of in her burrow where she usually is. She has been in the curled up defensive posture most of the time. I fed her a cricket today and after I did that is when I noticed it. Sorry the picture is not the best but the best I can get. Your help is much appreciated. Thanks

Red Bump on G. Pulchripes.jpg

chaco

Arachnosquire
i see some type of dot but i couldn't tell you a good answer i have had slings and adult of this species could be an molt related injury or piece of the old skin stuck to it my largest one had a bad molt twice and had a piece of skin stuck to her abdomen it dryed ... is there any bleeding of any kind?

---------- Post added 06-28-2012 at 08:04 PM ----------

is there a hole did she get poked by something while in the molt process? i cant tell enough from the pic .do you have a clear peice of plastic or clear plastic lid if so put her on top of it then take a pic from
underneat in better lighting without flash

Tmobo

Arachnopeon
Well I feel stupid right now. I just realized its a posterior book lung. :laugh:

skar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ya .. .. book lungs . um get a few more spiders, so you don't obcess over that lil one.