Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Move the sac to the garage

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Leave them alone and raise the spiderlings

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Mjb30

Arachnosquire
So, about 6 weeks ago after moving some stuff in from the garage into home I saw a beautiful Steatoda grossa crawling out from my stuff. So, naturally I chose a suitable enclosure and have raised her since.

So, much to my surprise, I looked at her enclosure today and saw this:

What should I do?! Please help!

NYAN

Arachnoking
I have one with 4 egg sacs currently. I plan to let them hatch, the choice is yours.

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
S. grossa can be quite prolific! I kept a small female for a while and in the time I had her, she laid 16 sacs, of which 2 were duds. I kept them until they were close to dispersing. The sac swells as they hatch and molt, and changes color to a brown shade as the babies develop their colors. When it hits into those brown shades, you can carefully pull it and set it out so they can disperse from there. That protects them for as long as possible, but ensures they don't hatch in the house/enclosure.

Mjb30

Arachnosquire
S. grossa can be quite prolific! I kept a small female for a while and in the time I had her, she laid 16 sacs, of which 2 were duds. I kept them until they were close to dispersing. The sac swells as they hatch and molt, and changes color to a brown shade as the babies develop their colors. When it hits into those brown shades, you can carefully pull it and set it out so they can disperse from there. That protects them for as long as possible, but ensures they don't hatch in the house/enclosure.
Thanks, that’s really useful info. Thinking back to when I’ve seen sacs in the past I have seen them in darker colours so that makes sense.

I’ll probably go for that plan! Thanks!