Help to identify this type of arana if it is poisonous or not

siulLsD

Arachnopeon
Good afternoon, where I keep the flour and pasta appeared this spider and a smaller one but with the black abdomen.
HELP!!!
I just confirmed and are several not those 2 will be poisonous? Or can I leave them there or where can I move them? Thanks in advance

Attachments

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
No spiders are poisonous to my knowledge, but almost all spiders are Venomous.

With that said, going just off body shape I'd say it looks like some sort of Latrodectus sp.
However, @NYAN, @RTTB, and @The Snark could probably give a more conclusive ID, as I am not yet trained in the ways of True Spider identification ;).

Hope this helps,

Arthroverts

Last edited:

NYAN

Arachnoking
Do you have more photos, such as the eye arrangement and dorsal pattern? I believe it’s some sort of Theridiidid.

Jadestone

Arachnosquire
They look like a widow relative(Theridiidae). What you want to do with them depends on if you are comfortable with them. They are not usually aggressive, but if it is a female, you might eventually have more running around or at least start seeing egg sacs. On the other hand, they will keep insects and other bugs away from your food.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
Thanks @chanda and @NYAN; I keep forgetting about that family.
That is why I added a disclaimer, as I am not versed in the ways of True Spider identification. I'm looking to learn though!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

siulLsD

Arachnopeon
Thank you all for your prompt responses.
Apparently it is a Widow coffee but I have all over the house in fact I just got this on the bed of my kids

I love them but they came out that want to kill them, where would it be the best habitat to try to capture and put them there?

Attachments

Pepper

Arachnosquire
If you want to keep one or a few as pets, you could use a clear snack container with some sticks so it can climb and web, and some dirt to hold humidty. One container per spider, sounds like you'll want to put a lot of them outside.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Nesticodes rufipes. the legs alone show it's not a widow. too skinny, wimpy.

widows have very thick legs for overpowering big prey.

siulLsD

Arachnopeon
Thanks a million Smokehound714 ... for getting us out of doubt, here they wanted to look for an exterminator of spiders.. Thanks to you they will live! Thank you very much