HELP! T.Blondi is stuck in its exuvium

Arach-attack

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
One of my T.blondi juvis has all of its legs stuck in its exuvium.

I noticed Monday that it was flipped over and starting its molt but by Tuesday night it had still not broken thru its old skin. Wednesday afternoon I noticed it had popped the top off the carapace so I assumed all was well. This morning I checked on it and it still was basically in the same position. I checked to see if it was still alive and it was. I then removed pieces of the exuvium around its book lungs and took some room temp water and dabbed all legs with a tiny paintbrush hoping to loosen things up.

I just got home and it's still alive but hasn't made any progress.
What else can I do?

Sheri

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Windchaser said:
Take a look at this thread: >>Bad Molt<< . It has some great information about freeing a T from its exuvium.

Good luck.

Added the link to the beginners thread.

Merci.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
i say we convert the whole forum to the beginner thread ;) or at least a giant search function {D hope your T makes it through the molt OK.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Sheri said:
Added the link to the beginners thread.

Merci.
Great idea. That was a great thread and it certainly helps anyone who has a T stuck after a molt.

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Take her to the shower and steam it up. Helped me once!

Edit: Matter of fact it was with my blondi. It was on its back all day, steamed the bathroom up and took it in there. Molted in one hour.

Last edited:

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
RaZeDaHeLL666 said:
Take her to the shower and steam it up. Helped me once!

Edit: Matter of fact it was with my blondi. It was on its back all day, steamed the bathroom up and took it in there. Molted in one hour.
the whole enclosure or ?

RaZeDaHeLL666

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yea I took the whole enclosure in after steaming up the shower. Its only a last resort thing for me. The blondi who had this problem was small and was in a small kritter keeper. I took the whole thing in there after turning off the water and placed it down, turned off the lights. Came back later and the spider was done molting. She layed on her back for a hour or so before getting up.

Last edited:

Arach-attack

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
R.i.p.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to help the little guy get unstuck in time. :(

I tried soaking joints again in luke warm water this time with a drop of mild dish soap. After about an hour I figured I was going to have to try to surgically remove it but it was too late. I wish I had realized sooner it was having a difficult time. Maybe the steam bath would have helped.Originally I thought its legs were stuck but upon closer inspection I think it was actually the fangs that got hung up.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sorry for your loss, have any advice for other T.blondi owners based on your experience?

CedrikG

Arachnoking
Old Timer
its sad and it happens sometimes, its probably not your fault mate, sry for that loss