help me!!

muddieclar

Arachnopeon
my boehmei juz molted a few days ago and the exosleleton is still intact with the abdomen for a few days now! is it a bad molt resulting from dehydration? or other reasons? plz help me! need advices on what to do now!

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
You can use some glycerin and/or soapy water on a paintbrush to try to "brush off" the old exoskeleton. You can also take it in the bathroom, after running the hot water in the shower to steam up the bathroom, and try to use a paintbrush with glycerin there to remove it.

Whatever you do, be gentle.

muddieclar

Arachnopeon
hmm okie thkz alot...so its a must to remove it manually? it cant shed it away eventually?

brachymad

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How much of the old exuvium is still attached to the T and where exactly ?

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
muddieclar said:
hmm okie thkz alot...so its a must to remove it manually? it cant shed it away eventually?
If the old exoskeleton is not covering the book lungs, then it is possible for the T to shed it during the next molt and it to be fine up until then. However, there is also the chance that it could cause future problems.

I've had to "help" remove the old skin a few times and it usually comes off pretty easily as long as you're careful.