Help me please!!!

lrgross

Arachnopeon
Does anyone know of any scorpions that will eat alot because i want something that will be fun too watch. Also is there a such thing as a scorpion that is red. Sorry for all the questions im kinda new to this. Ive had a spider for eight years and i want to start a collection.

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
A Hadrurus arizonsensis will eat alot, mine anyway.
A Pandius Cavimanus is a red / red brown.
And I think Centruroides Vittatus can have a red/brown coloration, but I'm not sure, but from what I have read they will eat alot. And they love spiders.

errit

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You must be reffering to the indian red scorpion ,mesobuthus tamulus, :?

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
errit said:
You must be reffering to the indian red scorpion ,mesobuthus tamulus, :?
There are some very colorful scorpions out there, but I don't think keeping that one is advisable unless a person is an advanced keeper.

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Also, the ones I have seen havent been very red. Maily a red telson.

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I second Babycurus jacksoni or Centruroides vittatus, both of whom are openly aggressive. I have been stung by C.vittatus, it is no walk in the park as my index finger swelled up three times it's normal size and the localized pain from the venom was initially quite intense. Otherwise there were no more systematics besides developing an itch at the site of the sting for about a week. Like when you accidently step on a small thorn. Care and respect you be given both species however both are very rewarding. I have a love of xeric/scrubland *Centruroides species, small scorpion that enjoy a communal existance (likewise B.jacksoni, though a larger species).

*Beware of ones that have a overally slender pedipalps (particularly the manus) because that openly distinguishes C.vittatus from the more venomous C.exilicauda. No worries, I have not heard any stories of confusion occuring between the species.

lrgross

Arachnopeon
One more question where can i get a Centruroides vittatus and how much will it cost to take care of.

Kaos

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Welcome to the boards:) I would recomend B. Jacksoni as they are bit calmer than Centruroides sp. You can provoke them rather much before they decide to hit at you.

Stormcrow

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yeah, C.vittatus can be quite dispositional, worse than any of it's fellow North American Centruroides species but no less manageable.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ummm...is it wise to be recommending buthids of any kind as a 1st scorpion(or maybe I'm over cautious)?

Invert Nerd

Arachnopeon
i think irgross will be ok with a buthid, due to the fact that he came here and asked us for some help and info. that in itself shows the level of responsability that were looking for. but you can never be TOO cautious with any buthid. which ever path he chooses, i hope he has fun. good luck.(my 2 cents:)

PIter

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
lrgross said:
Does anyone know of any scorpions that will eat alot because i want something that will be fun too watch. Also is there a such thing as a scorpion that is red. Sorry for all the questions im kinda new to this. Ive had a spider for eight years and i want to start a collection.
Have you had first hand experiense with scorpions, Ts etc etc?
If its you're first scorpion I would suggest maybe a P cavimanus.