Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Caribena versicolor

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • roll a coin

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters

korlash091

Arachnosquire
I recently found out that my tarantula dealer has gbb and Caribena versicolor for sale, and i dont know wich one to get.

Ajoy

Arachnopeon
Get Both! Sorry, not much help. I do enjoy my C. Versicolor, I bought it as a sling, and it has been really fun to see it change and grow. It is also cool to watch it leap after moths. The Gbb is also on my dream list though... maybe someday. I hear a lot of people really like them. It is one of a lot of my tarantula friend's favorites. I think it just depends on what tickles your fancy at the moment. They both seem common enough that you could pick up the other one at a later date if you so choose. Best of luck making a decision.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
I have both, and prefer the GBB. I almost never see the versicolor. He is a pet web. The GBB webs a lot, but it's often sitting in plain sight. I enjoy it more than looking at my arboreal enclosure all webbed up and saying "Yeah, there's a pretty spider in there."

Liquifin

Arachnoking
I prefer versicolor any day. Sorry to say, but GBB is blasted with over-hype. While they may be interesting, they certainly are way too overrated and over-priced by reputable breeders/sellers/vendors. If you people are saying I'm crazy then think again... I owned both the versi and GBB. I find versi more interesting over GBB.

IMG_1518.JPG
IMG_1474.JPG

Dev1lZ

Arachnopeon
I have both as slings and your decision should really depend on what you expect out of the animals. The GBB is much easier to feed. It is a voracious predator that will hunt down prey. Drop and forget. The CV is very picky. I have to feed it fruit flies. It won’t eat anything else. Not prekilled crickets or mealworms. Just fruit flies. It molted recently and I ran out of fruit flies, so now it can eat mealworms or wait until I get more flies. The CV is more of a pain as well in placing feeders into the enclosure. Since it has the cork bark platform glued from the top of the enclosure, the bottom comes off and leaves an ample escape opportunity for feisty feeders. The key is to stun the flies in the freezer for a minute or two to slow them down.

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
I prefer species who aren’t likely to kick hairs, plus I’m biased toward arboreals and think secretive pet webs can be fun. Versi all the way. Disclaimer: I haven’t kept GBBs due to the above :p

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
My first T was a GBB, and she’s still my favorite. Great feeding response, beautiful webbing, and overall a stunning spider. I love that she’s usually out in the open.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
Hard decision. I have both and they are both so different. Just depends on which part is more important. One is terrestrial one is arboreal. I got my GBB first because I was chicken to get an arboreal. For me, the housing set up, the rehousing, enclosure maintenance, and the feeding have all been very easy with the GBB.. I love to watch her hunt because she moves so slow and creepy. She thinks she's a model because she's always in a picturesque pose.

My versi took more planning in the setup, a little more difficult to feed, and I have no idea how I'm going to get up there to clean poop or whatever ( her and closure opens from the bottom). I'm also real nervous about her rehousing. I do worry about her more too because I know she is less tolerant of husbandry mistakes and I don't want to lose her. However, I love her coloring. She still a tiny blue sling. I love how she hides in the "trees" and she is a pretty active little baby.

So, I love them both for different reasons. Now that I have both I don't think I could pick one over the other. However, for ease of care, I think my GBB wood edge out my C. versicolor.