Help ID Wolf Spider?

Meer

Arachnopeon
A while ago I posted about my wolf spider who had slings. Now that the babies are moved to new containers I had a chance to get some decent pics of her. I was hoping someone could tell me what species she might be? Or at least narrow it down to genus? She was collected in St. Louis area Missouri.

(Yeah, the poor thing is missing three legs, all in the same side)

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
wow, she's had a rough go of things.

Hogna species 100%

could be a different number of species, maybe helluo?

loxoscelesfear

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
being that it is a pic ID, i can't say for sure. the spider seems to be a decent size and it is jet black beneath. It just looked slightly bigger than helluo. georgicola stripe is well defined on the back but does not extend onto the abdomen if I recall correctly. The first georgicola i ever collected were from moist burrows and i thought they were helluo. The 2 look similar, but georgicola is larger and resides in burrows, the helluo i have collected have been under debris or in the open. ...that being said, I want to find a Hogna carolinensis!! I have never seen one, but maybe someday. :wall:

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
check out coloradensis. probably not but worth a shot, the show-me-state isn't too far away...

Meer

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the replies! So she's Hogna species for sure, probably helluo or georgicola? The few pictures I've seen of H. helluo underside, the underside of the abdomen is light colored, are they all like that? Because mine is solid dark colored. I can't find any pictures of coloradensis. IDing is complicated and difficult from pictures, I know.

By the way, she just laid another eggsac. How many sacs can they produce after mating? I've had her since fall and she hasn't seen a male since then. I'm going to be overrun with baby wolfies! :eek: