Help ID my new T

Prometheusmum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Ok guys, you all read my story on the little Tarantula that was marked as a African Babboon T, Well I got the full story, the T that they ordered wasnt hat they got and she is what showed up. However, when I walked in she continued to be mistreated and still looks un-well, so I said that i would take her, I wouldnt pay full price if she had the chance to die soon anyway, they gave me a discount and so beings Absinthes life with me, however, as far as I can tell this isnt a Babboon t, so i'm going to post some pics and try and help me figure out whats going on.
t.

Last edited:

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Can you open the container up and get more pics from different angles? A dorsal pic would be helpful. Congrats on the new T!

Prometheusmum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
She does have a very dull starburst on her Caraspace. Hardly noticable, I will take some better photo's soon, but I dont want to stress her out more then she is.

Pandora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Congrats with new T! Is it female U sure?
I never saw the T looks like this. I can't guess what is it species :) Please, give us a general view of this T.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Prometheus,
You'll have a tough time getting a decent guess at an id without better pics...course I'm sure you're aware of this already. I'd be surprised if it's an old world T.
On the bright side, that T doesn't look like rehabilitation will be difficult. Looks like nothing more than a handfull of crix and a nice fresh water dish and it will be good as new.

Good luck and don't forget to post more pics when you get the chance. :)

Gary

Prometheusmum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
New pictures

Well, she's beautiful, very calm, just allowes me to photograph her any time I choose, she actually spread out for you guys!

I dont know if this will help but she has 2 claws at the end of each foot that are very visable, she's calm, and a really dull colour with some of her hair gone with dark skin which makes me this that she's pre-molt cause she hasnt eaten for awhile at that pet store and completely ignored the crickets they gave her one feb.14th and lets face it you dont get 6 inchs big by not eating.. let me know what you think, I think she's just beautiful..

What do you think is she pre-molt? She was very dehydrated when I got her and has been drinking quiet a bit, and before you say it I know that it looks like it's really wet substrate, and it's not really wet just damp and she does have somewhere to go if she chooses!

Thanks for your help!

Last edited:

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wild guess...probably wrong but perhaps a Phormictopus cancerides in need of a molt? Definitely not a "baboon".

David_F

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Prometheusmum said:
No purple on her though, she's just brown..
They lose the brown coloration during the intermolt period and look pretty drab right before a molt. I could be wrong but I'd say after the next molt you'll be able to see a LOT of purple. :)

Prometheusmum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So she does look pre-molt to you? I mean I dont know I've never had a T molt while in my care, my A.avic molted the week before we got him and G.rosea's take forever to molt anyway, But she does look as if someone has put her threw a blender..sad really, I absolutly love her.

MRL

Arachnolord
Old Timer
It doesn't have to be in premolt to look so ragged.

Prometheusmum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
MRL said:
It doesn't have to be in premolt to look so ragged.
That much I know, but the fact that she hasnt eaten in 2 weeks and is constantly drinking with really dark skin and blad patches helped me come to this conclusion..

does anyone else have any idea what kind of T I have here?

Pandora

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah, looks like Phormictopus! Before molting this species usually have a reddish brown colour. Please, do make photo her spermatecae after molting.

Prometheusmum

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm going to be worried sick when she does! I've never seen any of my T's molt, forgive me if I come online freaking out!