Could anyone tell me what they think?

• I have her 16 years and her not moving about much never worried me

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • She could be just sick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Abdomen appears deflated, looks like she has passed on.

With that said your setup is all wrong. Ditch the rocks and change the sub, there should be a water dish in there too.

Alkel83

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the quick reply oh no I do have a water dish and always made sure she had water, really didn't know that rocks were bad or the sub, but I got for 18th birthday and I'm now 34 so I don't think I done much wrong in terms of taking care of her, she will be missed seems like I had her forever you know

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Thanks for the quick reply oh no I do have a water dish and always made sure she had water, really didn't know that rocks were bad or the sub, but I got for 18th birthday and I'm now 34 so I don't think I done much wrong in terms of taking care of her, she will be missed seems like I had her forever you know
The problem is that, while in their natural environment are presents, of course, IMO rocks and stuff are always a 'bad news risk' inside a CB set up.
Substrate, a couple of fake leaves, and a piece of cork bark (or other wood) always do a perfect job. Nothing more.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I don't think I done much wrong in terms of taking care of her
Not trying to burst your bubble man, but the enclosure was setup completely wrong. This species is extremely hardy and practically bulletproof care wise. Im glad she lived with you for so many years...but that does not make your husbandry or enclosure setup correct at all.

Do some research here on the boards, and ask lots of questions. Great info and members here that will go above and beyond to help you.

Lokee85

Arachnoknight
I'm sorry for your loss, and I'm glad to hear you had her for so long. She was a beauty.

If you plan to get a new tarantula, this forum is one of the best resources for accurate information regarding care, and many people here are happy to help with any questions or concerns you may have. Welcome to AB and again, I'm sorry you lost your pet.

Mikew9788

Arachnopeon
Sorry for your loss. Don't beat yourself up over it. Take some of the good advice given and try to do better next time. That being said it's probably not your fault. It might have just been her time. At least she had an owner that cared. Also make sure she has definitely passed. Doesent look like the traditional death pose. Did you move her or prod her at all?

Alkel83

Arachnopeon
Hi guys I recently joined the site and it was because of something not right with my pet tarantula Tiger, so at first I thought she had died okay, she is not dead she responds to light brushing of the legs she moves her legs ever so slightly with this interaction, so my question is what else could be wrong with the poor thing she has not moved in days but still alive, she is usually a really good moulter I'm thinking maybe she was trying to get ready for a moult but got stuck somehow, is there anything I can do to help her any info on this matter would be greatly appreciated and I find as a new user to the site that it's great to find out things I otherwise would probably never have known

Please if anyone knows what is wrong with Tiger tell me what to do

Thanks

Sinned

Arachnosquire
Welcome to the forums!

Please post a few pics of the enclosure and the T itself. It will help peeps give advice on what could be going on. Also, what genus/species is it?

Alkel83

Arachnopeon
She is a Mexican Red Knee I've had her like 16 years in around, yes I will include a pic to see what you guys think

Thanks

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
She has been in this position for a while now
From the image you posted it appears that the enclosure is not setup properly for the species, there are multiple fall hazards that could pose an issue, and I see what appears to be a heat lamp or some other type of lamp above the enclosure which would cause desiccation.

Can you post a few more images of the whole Enclosure so that we can get a better picture of how it is set up?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
You got all the responses you needed in the previous thread.

Starting another thread on the same exact topic is akin to spamming...and against the rules of the forum.

boina

Lady of the mites
The setup was wrong in your first thread and the setup is still all wrong in this thread. She could be injured, dessicated, sick, undernourished...

What will it take for you to put her into a proper enclosure? Soft, smooth substrate, hide, water bowl, no heat lamp.

I think it's imperative that you get rid of the heat lamp NOW if you want your spider to survive. No water dish + heat lamp = dessicated tarantula.

Sinned

Arachnosquire
Some T's are hardier then others. Brachypelma's are pretty bullet proof when it comes to husbandry errors.

It's one of the reasons they are often recommended to people just starting out in the hobby. Pretty docile & not very defense. (Disclaimer: every T is different, some members here have Bracypelma's that went to the darkside :mask: )

Still doesn't mean the T is prospering and if something happens (gets sick/molting/fall), then those husbandry errors can get the T killed. People here are pretty keen on spotting stuff that can be a risk to your T.

Last edited: