HELP! I just had baby scorplings

CELLMASS

Arachnopeon
i wake up and theres 3 on my EMPS back...... well she ate 1 that day. i fall asleep and theres like 10 more. I NEED HELP IM STRESSING OUT. how do i take care of them? i know all the basics in housing, temp., humidity, and feeding. but im almost positive scorplings have special needs until they get older. SO WHAT DO I DO? HELP PLEASE.:?

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just calm down, and enjoy. The mother will take care of them until 2nd-3rd instar. Then you can put them in groups and keep the humidity extra high to help with molts.

You can then either use pinheads for feeders or a large cricket crushed for the group to eat.

Lastly, sell them.

Almost the exact care sheet for the youngins

Oh, lots of hides when you transfer into groups. I'd just split the brood in half once they start doing their adventures away from mom.

There are a lot more people here that will most likely chime in on this and be much more helpful.

Last edited:

CELLMASS

Arachnopeon
so what you guys are basically saying.... is that i have time to stress later? after there 2nd molt im gunna start stressing again but thnx for the insite and the link to the thread is very helpfull thnx again fellas

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Who needs stress?

Try not to stress over it.
Just think about how awesome it is to have a lot of little emps running around.
I would find it to be a great moment indeed, looking forward to it actually.

You will have no problem finding good homes for them especially because they are Captive Bred. Emperor Scorpions or on the CITES endangered species list. Lets put it this way, your preserving the existence of emperors by accident ;)

Have fun with it. Everything is going to be just fine.

CELLMASS

Arachnopeon
yah your right its does look cool as <mama's lingerie hanging in the bathroom>. but 4 some reason she has ate like 3 of them. but it looks like they were born dead anyways, do you know why this is?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
When they annoy her she will eat them. They usually have great maternal instincts.

If she continues to eat I'd say one more, you might want to separate them.

This isn't a good thing. They usually eat 1-2 but not 4+.

Once they reach 2nd instar I'd go ahead and separate them from the mother.
Keep a close eye on her.

Oh, leave her alone. Only time you should bother her it to separate the babies after 2I or too throw in a cricket. If you stress her out she will eat them.

Last edited:

BadBikaDamo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
When they annoy her she will eat them. They usually have great maternal instincts.

If she continues to eat I'd say one more, you might want to separate them.

This isn't a good thing. They usually eat 1-2 but not 4+.

Once they reach 2nd instar I'd go ahead and separate them from the mother.
Keep a close eye on her.

Oh, leave her alone. Only time you should bother her it to separate the babies after 2I or too throw in a cricket. If you stress her out she will eat them.
What? where did you get that information. How many scorplings have you raised from scratch?

I have kept all my scorplings with their mothers from birth to adult. The mother may eat some weak young, or more if she is really hungry, counter this by giving her some easy pray. This is one time when I will give a scorp a defrosted pinky. the young will soon leave their mothers back and burrow under anything flat, I use ordinary tree bark for this (boiled). They will run to their mothers back when stressed. Basically, keep them all well fed and you wont have any problems. Most breeders would advice you seperate them just in case.

"They will usually eat 1 or 2 but not 4........?" Please tell me how you obtained these figures?

Damo

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have gotten this information from reading others posts experinces from here and venom list, the internet, caresheets, on and on.

Figuers from averages that I've read, i cannot reproduce actual links I read and moved on.

What disproves that I'm wrong? What makes you right?
Everyone has a different experience, everything is just an average.

I don't need a phd to observe people and to state my opinion or "facts" all we really have is someone to learn from and go from there.

If you have something else to say to me please PM me.

Also, I never stated that he had to move them nor that I have read that people much like you who are able to keep them with their mother till adulthood. That didn't seem needed since it was more of an issue of cannibalism.

Last edited:

CELLMASS

Arachnopeon
lets chill out guys were losing site of the problem......... i just peeked on her and she ate another wich brings the total to 5. but for some reason it looks like she saved the best 2 in her back. both babies take up half of her back and are really big, theres another on her leg but i can almost guarantee she will eat that 1 to. im not seperating them i think shes knows best and plus i have no idea what else to do.

Cyris69

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yes, sorry about that. It has been settle via PM.

I have no idea why she is doing that. She's just really hungry I guess.