HELP! Dyskinetic syn?

Richard McJimsey

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
is this ds?
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkyEvI2TNjQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pkyEvI2TNjQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I hope not, she's my favorite T :(
also, her abdomen has gotten longer..

Kimo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
It looks lite it is DS, but I am not sure if it can be gone after molting, cose your T is definately in premolt phase.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't think that T looks premolt, just like it's been flicking a lot. The butt still looks pink to me.

I'd say that yes, that T is exhibiting the set of symptoms described as dyskinetic syndrome. Keep in mind though that it's just that; a set of symptoms. There is no specific disease/pathogen/whatever associated with DS at this time. It's my theory that this loss of motor control will manifest from any number of different problems, similar to humans having a high fever or kidney shutdown or whatever when we're sick.

One instance of DS that seemed to be a disease outbreak in someones collection turned out to actually be an apparent case of poisoning from handling/feeding after petting a dog that had been recently treated with Frontline. Try thinking in terms of potentially poisonous chemicals you may have unwittingly transferred to your T or maybe something that was sprayed by another family member.

What are you using for substrate? Could your feeders have been contaminated? The water? These are the things you'll want to rule out before assuming it's actually some pathogen or parasite. In either case it's going to be basically wait and see.

I'm sorry I don't have any good advice on how to save your T. If it is some sort of chemical or poison it's possible that placing the T in an ICU could help flush the chemicals from its system. Kind of a long shot though. Good luck to you.

And yeah, this would do better in the Q's and D's forum. You'll get much more reads there.

J.huff23

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Just what mine looked like when it had DS. My adult female P.Lugardi had it. It died a while later. It looks like DS to me.