Help! Dog farts!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Awww, they're cute!!! {D

Well, can't wait till you grow up and try to get your 13-year-old kid to do what you want him to do!!! {D

Spider-man 2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
All I got to say is that if I have a kid, that it will always be in check. It will know who's the boss.

They are cute? What about me :(

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
MizM said:
My kids can't take care of THEMSELVES, let alone my Ts!! Boys aged 9 and 13 are NOT interested in pets. :( It's all about PSII, rollerblading and GIRLS!! :(
When I was 9 i had fish and gerbils..by 13 it was iguanas and snakes and toads ;) i was ALL about the computer and super nintendo though :D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Spider-man 2 said:
All I got to say is that if I have a kid, that it will always be in check. It will know who's the boss.

You're cute too! {D

LPacker79

ArachnoSpaz
Old Timer
Spider-man 2 said:

Dwayne sweetie, when you have kids of your own you'll realize that's easier said than done.

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Same problem here... X 2!

ROLMAO....I've got the same problem with my 2 pooches. But I think I know what's causing it in mine. I don't just give them dog food...I cook for them :} Wanna talk about being spoiled :D
Additionally I've got 2 parrots....cook for them also...but luckily they DON'T fart {D
Forget about getting the gas mask from Iraq.... E-Bay sells EVERYTHING these days... :D
Hope you enjoy the pics of my zoo.

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
oh, how cute...Bernese Mountain Dogs?! And cute parrots too!
We just groomed a BMD yesterday...she was a stinky mess when we got her in the van, and after a black snow storm of hair, she was shiny and beautiful when we finished!

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh Yes...the Hair issue

Yep, I've got 2 Berners...and OH YES, they can shed. They have a heavy undercoat, and once it warms up (in a few weeks....we're in Jersey), they're gonna start blowing coat...especially once they get a bath. The vacuum cleaner is my best friend :D
But they're SUPER dogs, I love them to death...my absolute dream dogs.
My parrots are spoiled rotten as well, "Hunter", my yellow nape Amazon is going on 5 (got her when she was 10 weeks), and "Miss Tiara", my yellow-thighed Caique is only 8 months (got her from Louisiana when she was 12 weeks).
Would you believe that both of my dogs are scared to death of the parrots??? ;P ;P ;P
Especially the little one...she is FEISTY...all capitalized on purpose :D
...as for the farting.....golly, my older Berner, "Simon", is worse than any person I've EVER known. He farts, burps, coughs, sneezes, makes a bunsh of sounds....the only thing he doesn't do is "talk back" :)
BTW, when he farts, it's usually LOUD and LONG, and once he's done, he looks at his tail, gets up, gives us a look...and walks away....leaving us to enjoy the scent :( Alas his knickname "Stinky".

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Those dogs don't fart! You're lying! They look way too cute and innocent to do something horrendous like FART!!! {D

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
MizM said:
OMG, that's a carbon copy of her at 6 months!! German Shepherd? Pedigreed Princess? Pampered Pooch?

She's a beaut! Great ear structure! And don't worry, she'll grow into those bat wings!:p
Dont forget the imbred Genetics flapped loose jaw door nocker ;)
Not onlydoes her dog fart! its second purpose is the door noc\er!1 you tap the bottum of its jaw up ad you get da nocking noise!! and dont let her fool you its cousins mothers brothers sister married its fathers sisters cuasions uncles ants nepohew Three tiems removed after marrying the fathers mothers sisters daughter!!!

My old dog crystal used to fart right infront of you lick you and walk off.. and now my lil sheepoo.. oh what fun he is.. he farts nice and loud.. sometimes its a wonder he doesnt blowhismelf accross the room but the realfun part is he hears itgrowls and barks and goes nuts chasing his but.. did I mention he barks at streetl lights when there on?

Last edited:

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Malhavoc's said:
Dont forget the imbred Genetics flapped loose jaw door nocker ;)
Not onlydoes her dog fart! its second purpose is the door noc\er!1 you tap the bottum of its jaw up ad you get da nocking noise!! and dont let her fool you its cousins mothers brothers sister married its fathers sisters cuasions uncles ants nepohew Three tiems removed after marrying the fathers mothers sisters daughter!!!
She is NOT inbred!!! I have her pedigree, and there is not ONE Arkansas Shephered on it!! {D

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
For those with you with the killer gas problem, I hope there is a cure and I hope you find it. If not, open front and back door's, get/use a powerful fan and blow it over to your neighbor's yard. {D
Socrates, love your parrots. Always wanted to keep some but I hear they're quite a handful and my GF is still in the "I want to travel" mode. I'll think it's better to wait till that's out of her system before I can even consider getting a bird or two.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
DO NOT get a parrot until you're ready to have children!! I had to sell my beloved cockatoo when I had a baby, it stressed out because I didn't spend every waking moment with it!! Cockatoos are particularly needy. Parrots CAN entertain themselves, but they will throw a HUGE tantrum if they don't get what they want and need from you. AND, as a bonus, the larger species have the same life expectancy as US!!! My African Grey SCREAMED when he didn't get his way!!

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MizM, I agree with you hole-heartedly about the parrots. My kids are 12 and 15 (both boys), and I've had my Yellow-Nape for 5 years now (got her as a baby from a breeder). Parrots are a lot of work, they DO NEED attention and quality time, they need room, and they can be noisy. The parrots I chose were actually MY choice, not my family's. Amazon's and Caique's are generally "better" at playing by themselves for a while. They are not nearly as needy as a Cockatoo. Both my boys and hubby REALLY wanted a Cockatoo. "Oh, they're cuddly, oooh, they're so cute...oooooh..they're this, they're that". I heard it all day long from all of them, but having visited my breeder who HAD cockatoos at that time, made me stand firm in my decision NOT to get one. By all means, for those of you who have the time, devotion, energy and resources to constantly buy "chew wood", go get a cockatoo. But remember, cockatoos have lots of featherdust, VERY LOUD voices, and can be quite demanding. I haven't been on a vacation since we moved to Jersey, but that is by choice. I send my hubby off with the boys this summer to "go relax somewhere", while I can spend ALL MY time with ALL MY animals. Wouldn't want it any other way.
Oh, I love African Grays also, but they were too sensitive for me. I basically chose parrots that fit my character and temperament.....independent, moody, funny, and ...of course....beautiful. :) ;) {D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
Great choices too! Of course, the REASON they are such pains is their intelligence! As very smart creatures, they KNOW what they want and learn all to quickly how to get it!

When I get rid of my kids (I"m trying, but no one wants them! :eek: ) my next avian friend will be a blue and gold or military macaw. I've always lusted for a hyacinth, but at $4,000, that's a little out of my league! And that's a CHEAP one!!

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Mizm, Socrates, I hear you- which is why I do not have a bird. BUT if I were to get one, it'd be an Eclectus. Gorgeous birds and rumored to be as intelligent as the african greys and not nearly as demanding. ;)
As for now, it's just tarantulas and my GF just gave me her blessing today to get 2 more! :D Bless her heart for being so understanding cause she's terrified of em. One has got to be A geniculata. I do want a G aureostriata too but might go for a more colorful terestrial species instead cause all my T's are lacking in the color department. I'm thinking one of the docile mexican ones with a little red like the smithi.
Gonna go order from one of those places that give freebies then go " Hey Hon look! They gave me a free one!" {D

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
MizM, once you've found a way to "get rid" of your kids...please share your secret with me on how you did it....because I've gotta try it too. ;)

My breeder (where I got my Nape from) had Blue & Golds + Hyacinths. WOW! First time I saw a Hyacinth in person I had to look again and again. Absolutely stunning birds. And HUGE.....and LOUD, but truly stunning. Here in Jersey the Hyacinths are going for about $6,000. The Blue & Golds are under a grand, and the only reason I didn't want one was because they were too loud for me when they "sound off". Plus they do need a HUGE cage...and my hubby wasn't gonna sacrifice the floor space. (You can tell I still have some hubby training to do ;P )

Dorkus, my breeder also had Eclectus. She had the Vosmari and the Solomon Island. Which one are you gonna go for, a girl or a boy? I wish all parrots were that easy to sex :D by just looking at their colors.
Eclectus feathers are amazing too. They almost look like hair because it's so fine. And they smell different than any other parrots. Awesome birds!
BTW, JUST ordered my second tarantula....guess what type? A. Geniculata! Can't wait. Should be coming this week sometime, and when it does, I'll post a thread. Happy happy happy {D

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
For me, it's worth every cent to have them sexed. When those males reach sexual maturity, whoa, look out!!

I've bred cockatiels and those STUPID finches... I have had a very few cockatiels that were bright and sweet. Like all birds, they are individuals! Finches are great if you want to hear buzz buzz 24/7/365, pick up poop and seed husks the rest of your life!! I'd gladly pay $6,000 for a hyacinth! My cockatoo was trained NOT to scream unless I asked him to, doublt I'll be able to manage THAT with another one, but what the heck... the kids scream, why not the bird too? As far as getting rid of the kids, YOU'RE STUCK till they're 18!!

Socrates is addicted!! Welcome to arachnoholics. Ts are like Lay's potato chips, you can't buy JUST ONE!!! {D

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Which one are you gonna go for, a girl or a boy?
Socrates, they're both gorgeous but I like the red more. If we do start keeping birds we'd most likely get a pair so they can entertain each other too. :)
BTW, I've read that a lot of folks train their birds to be noisy (unintentionally of course) because when they first get their birds, they can't help but shower it with lots of attention and thus the bird comes to expect that kind of attention. Then the novelty finally wears off, the owner starts paying more attention to other things and the bird starts becoming noisy because it yearns for the attention it used to have. Is this true?