Help asap!!!!!!!!!

xtarantulax

Arachnopeon
Yesterday my cat knocked over my T's tank but no one was in the room at the time. We rushed when we heard the bang and was looking for the T for about an hour before we found her behind the bed on the wall. Once captured we could take a proper look at her and saw that she was injured (we don't know if the injury has come from the tank or the cat) on her abdomen to the left side and was leaking slightly with a yellowy/blackish fluid. We looked on forums and many said about putting either glue or nail varnish on the wound to stop the leaking. We didnt want to put glue because she was using her leg to pat the area so we used nail varnish which seemed to stop the leaking but she keeps patting it with her leg so we think she is rubbing it off. However, this morning she is leaking slightly from the bottom of the wound still and is dragging her abdomen. She seems very weak and cannot hold her weight when she tried to climb the side of the tank.
My question is - is there any way we can save her? If not how can we humanly euthenis her? We have researched this morning on forums and the majority state about putting her in the fridge then the freezer but the times vary a lot between the different comments from a few mintues to over night in the fridge. Can anyone help ASAP?

gmrpnk21

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The freezer is a great way to put her down humanely if all else fails. Did you put her in an icu?

xtarantulax

Arachnopeon
We cleansed the tank and put her back in but put paper towels on the floor and no soil. We noticed this morning that there was some leakage on the paper towels so we know she is still leaking despite the nail varnish. Do we put her in the fridge first and if so how long for?

synyster

Arachnobaron
No nail varnish. Superglue or cornstarch will do the job depending on the size of the wound and spider. And what exactly is the species, size, and if you could post some good pictures of everything, that would help alot.

Austin

Arachnosquire
+1 to synyster, species, size, pictures. Would really help us, help you. Do not rush to put her down, tarantulas can survive through some pretty terrible accidents and bad molts. Just keep trying to minimize the leakage.

xtarantulax

Arachnopeon
She's a P.scrofa and about 2.5 inches. The injury is about 1.5 cm. We felt we were unable to use glue because she kept using her back leg to rub on the injury, and thought that if we used glue she may end up with her leg stuck. we heard of people using nail varnish in other situations and used one with a colour so we could see where we were putting it. At the moment she is up on her legs but abdomen is dragging on the floor and she can't seem to pick it up. I'll try taking pictures but the varnish is covering the wound :/

Verneph

Arachnosquire
If she's walking at little that is a good sign. If you can get her bleeding under control you may be able to save her. If you're worried about glue then try the corn starch.

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
I know you said you put paper towels in her tank, but did you put her in an icu with moist paper towels and maybe a water dish?

xtarantulax

Arachnopeon
I have already used nail varnish :S. Do we wait until it comes off then put corn starch on?

@tarantulagirl10 - no we didnt put her in with moist paper towels because we wanted to see if she was still leaking, she does have a water dish in with her.

We are in the process of putting her in ICU now.

Verneph

Arachnosquire
I have already used nail varnish :S. Do we wait until it comes off then put corn starch on?
Not if the bleeding hasn't stopped. You don't exactly have time to wait in that case. If it has stopped, then it may be okay to let her go without the starch.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Are you sure the stuff you're finding on the paper towels is from the injury and not just poop?

xtarantulax

Arachnopeon
The bleeding has stopped, we have just put her on wet paper towels and in the dark. There was no more evidence on the dry paper towels that she was still bleeding

takelondon

Arachnosquire
The bleeding has stopped, we have just put her on wet paper towels and in the dark. There was no more evidence on the dry paper towels that she was still bleeding
An ICU is probably the best thing for her now, to restrict her movement to prevent her from worsening her injury and to help her stay hydrated through healing, especially after losing fluids.

Dark is perfect, and if possible try to keep her somewhere quiet to minimize stress. Check on her occasionally to make sure the wound still isn't bleeding.

-Kendra

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
this is why i HATE cats. they are unpredictable, one minute they are nice to you,the next they rip your head off. you should put the cat down

serialthrilla91

Arachnopeon
this is why i HATE cats. they are unpredictable, one minute they are nice to you,the next they rip your head off. you should put the cat down
+1 to pnshmntMMA, also, they're stuck up and think they rule the world. I caught one stealing money from me once.

xtarantulax

Arachnopeon
How long do I keep her in ICU for?

Btw, thanks everyone for the help, I've been in a panic thinking there was nothing more I could do.

And yeah we always check the room before we leave to make sure the cat isn't in there alone, but she must have been well hidden. When we came in the room she had substrate all over her face so I can't imagine what happened :S we've now got a new vivarium that's heavier so hopefully it won't happen again.

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
+1 to pnshmntMMA, also, they're stuck up and think they rule the world. I caught one stealing money from me once.
i just think cats are dumb. ive been on calls where some lonely 'crazy cat lady' had died in the house, you go in the cats are literally eating her face. its sad honestly. i think anything over 4 cat is excessive. same with dogs unless you breed. and even then, rescue them! inverts and reptiles are different, they are enclosed, and unless you are dumb, dont end up eating you! (sorry for thread temp highjack) back on subject!

xtarantulax

Arachnopeon
Just to let everyone know, she didn't make it. I checked on her yesterday midday and she was fine, and then about an hour later, I went in the room to get something and found her bled out everywhere going into a death curl :/ she also smelt really rotten. I'm gutted :(

Verneph

Arachnosquire
I am so sorry to hear that. You the best you could. You have my condolences.