Help ASAP please (enclosure size)

Korben

Arachnopeon
ok so, my brother noticed that my B.kahlenbergi is a good pet however he thought it was too small. So he decides to say “if you can find a fat one for a reasonable price I will buy it and you can look after it”. Obviously I went along with this as I would be gaining yet another pet. So I messaged the seller and he said it’s a 5-5.5” (it’s a B.Albopilosum) and I was wondering if a medium KK would be large enough. Answers ASAP please thanks

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I’m not sure what you mean..

But I think your friend meant get an adult instead of a spiderling??

If so, And you get that adult, then you want an enclosure that is minimum 10x10”

Korben

Arachnopeon
I’m not sure what you mean..

But I think your friend meant get an afult instead of a spiderling??

If so, then you want an enclosure that is minimum 10x10”
The B.Albo is 5,5” which is an adult. So a 10x10” is a good size?
Sorry for not being clear

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Legspan x3 space-wise. 1x height to prevent injuries from falling.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
The bare minimum you want is 2x leg span length & width (in your case 11 inches by 11 inches), a lot of people go with 3x length and 2x width though.

The height of the enclosure doesn't matter as much but you must make sure that the gap between the top of the substrate and the top of the enclosure doesn't exceed 1.5x the tarantula's leg span (about 8 inches, so if the enclosure is 12 inches tall then you must fill it with at least 4 inches of substrate).

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
no too small. Also you telling us "Medium KK", does absolutely nothing in telling us how big the container is, zero, nada, not a minder.....