hello every one ...went to the md expo check out what i got

sierra53

Arachnopeon
first off ill start off by saying hi, i was a user here once before but i couldnt re-use my old account besides rather start off new. I been a spider and T enthusist for a long time now and after alot of recent things that went wrong i am back. i used to have lots of T's but unforatantly lost a few in divorce..(long story) but the ones i kept are doing well.

went to the maryland pet expo in have de grace, md ....verry cool and lots of stuff there so talked to arachindsrva...(aaron) verry cool guy had lots of cool stuff. i got a TAP..lol T.plumpies...i am waiting a molt cuz she kinda is looking like a T.purpures? IMG-20120415-00227.jpg

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Welcome back to AB! Don't know much about the Tap species, I think purpureous is now violaceous. You'd have to post a picture of the T itself for us to be able to give any real answers....

Amoeba

Arachnolord
Welcome back to AB! Don't know much about the Tap species, I think purpureous is now violaceous. You'd have to post a picture of the T itself for us to be able to give any real answers....
Good call

From the world spider catalog:

mf violaceus (Mello-Leitão, 1930)....................French Guiana, Brazil [urn:lsid:amnh.org:spidersp:001840]
Ephebopus v. Mello-Leitão, 1930b: 56, f. 4 (Df).
Avicularia violacea Lucas, Silva & Bertani, 1992: 163 (Tf from Ephebopus).
T. purpureus Schmidt, 1995c: 11, f. 1 (Dmf) [urn:lsid:amnh.org:spidersp:002485].
T. purpureus Schmidt, 2003l: 206, f. 617 (f).
T. purpureus Peters, 2005b: 111, f. 353-356 (f).
T. v. West et al., 2008: 39, f. 21-22 (f, Sm).

hellosugaree

Arachnopeon
We were also at the Havre De Grace show this weekend. We got a C. cyaneopubescens spiderling from Monica and Aaron (Arachnids RVA). This is our first ;)

sierra53

Arachnopeon
Great ..hellosuaree..good to know someone else here form MD that is into this goofy hobby feel like i was the odd ball..lol yea, guys gals ill get a better pic when i get her out of her "alein skull" lol Damn thing is fast ill give her that. I have had a Singapore blue previously (cyiropagupus sp. blue) now differnt...but didnt notice it was as fast as this TAP. maybe cuz the "singblue" was 7.5"+ lol couldnt miss it.

Last edited:

salmonpink

Arachnopeon
I was there to. I bought a chaco golden knee. May 26 is repticon show atbthe fair grounds. Those r alot bigger.

sierra53

Arachnopeon
here is a better pic of how he is set up

here is his enclosure...the trees you see in this cage are all from "micheals" the arts and craft store...like for if you were doing a science project...so made up lil trees that i hot glued to the walls.

IMG-20120419-00233.jpg