Heating Ideas

Robert Green

Arachnopeon
I will probably be getting a tarantula when it gets warmer. Since it gets cold in winter and I want to plan ahead. My room gets fairly cold and I would like ideas on how to head it. I don't have very much money so cheaper the solution the better.

cold blood

Staff member
Search threads, this has been explained repeatedly...I have went in depth explaining this 3 times just this week...and we're not halfway through this week.

You don't even need to use the search engine...just look at recent threads related to heating.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I will probably be getting a tarantula when it gets warmer. Since it gets cold in winter and I want to plan ahead. My room gets fairly cold and I would like ideas on how to head it. I don't have very much money so cheaper the solution the better.
Space heater.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Search threads, this has been explained repeatedly...I have went in depth explaining this 3 times just this week...and we're not halfway through this week.
Yeah but with the time you spent for saying this, you could had copy/paste your classic advice in no time: there's no '3 without 4', after all :pompous:

Zaire

Arachnolurker
@Robert Green can you be a little more specific with your budget range? As @Nightstalker47 said, a space heater is the safest option for the tarantulas, but the cheap ones are fire hazards. Sealed oil filled space heaters with saftey shut off in case of tipping or overheating are the only ones I am comfortable leaving unattended, and I am looking into getting a thermostat outlet to plug into as an additional safety layer.

Ant

Arachnopeon
I don't know about the US but I can pick up a space heater over here in the UK for about £20. It has a safety cut off and built in thermostat and does the job wonderfully. EBay is usually my go to place for stuff like this.

Rhysandfish

Arachnoknight
Ceramic heat emitters can work well for certain setups but humidity loss is a major concern and it can get pretty high. If you want one I'd recommend a thermostat for it to control temps.