heat tape....

moose35

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oh the irony.
....you obviously were able to convey what i was saying. and i did spell it right 1 out of 2 times.

and thats my point...:eek: not everyone on here is a scientist...or even cares to be.
not everyone can spell..or know where to put a period or a comma.
maybe you should teach an AB class on spelling and punctuation

thanks for spell checking for me. as i have no more space on my computer for that app.
do you have an e-mail that i can send my posts to for you to proof read them? as i would hate to look silly and spell a word wrong again.

thanks for the help
its much appreciated

moose

Last edited:

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
but everyone always says that its difficult to read the posts with no punctuation.
but i have no problem reading them.
And that's the problem, sweetheart.

You are one person. There are many others who have difficulty.

Yes, I'm sure other people can understand the posts just fine as they are. That's not my point. My point is you are trying to compare one person to many.

Maybe they should just PM all their questions and concerns to you?

Regardless, you can't deny that a post with bad grammar, spelling, and sentence structure does not leave a good impression with respect to the poster's intelligence level.

osmbr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Wow, this became heated. I didn't want to "STIR" things up here, sorr!! i didn't realize that not putting in ".&," would start something like this. Can we just talk about our T's and not go back and forth on puncuation?

thanks moose.

osmbr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
And that's the problem, sweetheart.

You are one person. There are many others who have difficulty.

Yes, I'm sure other people can understand the posts just fine as they are. That's not my point. My point is you are trying to compare one person to many.

Maybe they should just PM all their questions and concerns to you?

Regardless, you can't deny that a post with bad grammar, spelling, and sentence structure does not leave a good impression with respect to the poster's intelligence level.
I understand and get what your saying too.

osmbr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Why would you do that to a rosie? They like it bone dry.:evil:
Well I am not trying to make my "G. Rosea" enclosure humid, i know they like it "bone dry". When i said to make the enclosure more humid i meant for my avic. The heat tape was for trying to make my rosies tank more heated, but my house is pretty warm 75-85. I wouldn't do that to my rosies.

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If your house is 75-85 (wow!!), then you need no extra heating. Rosies are fine at those temps.. seriously though, are parts of your house really 85F? That's really, really hot.

Instead of using heat to evaporate water to create moisture in the air, I think you're better off just misting the tank more often. Remember to provide adequate ventilation as stagnant air can lead to problems.

osmbr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
well, my room is the hottest room in the house, i think due to the fact i have a bearded dragon and his tank is hot and it makes my room hot my t's are on a shelf above his tank heat rises thats why i put them there. my room is seriously like 80 degrees. most of the time i have my window open and its still hot. i honestly do not know why other than my beardies tank

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I really don't think you need heat tape. 80 degrees is quite ideal for most species of tarantula. I keep my reptile room at around 78-82F but my P. Rufilata commune stays in my bedroom (~72-74F) because they're a montane species that doesn't require such high temps.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nah, if your house were anywhere between 70-85 throughout the year, you really don't have to worry about extra heat with most species.

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I use a oil heater and keep my room 73+ with a humidifier(gets really dry during winter it works out nicely) , if you can stand it just get one! I dont like putting things on the bottom of my tanks it makes me nervous ;l

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Not to hyjack this thread, I would add as a snake breeder Heat tape requires a reostat and a thermostat. I have seen whole collections and homes burn do to malfunction. With regards to heating T's in colder climates it is fine to use heat tape, But if you used a cabinet to hold your T's a Radiant heat panel would be a much better choice do to the more dispersed heat. hope this helps. Matt:D
I agree with him , i have 2 snakes i do not use heaters with them at all , infact i have a porcelain vase for my blackmilksnake because she does not like the hot she will push herself out of her TAPED up enclosure just to prove her point. I saw you are in california you shouldnt have any problem keeping just the right ambient temperatures there until summer.

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, this became heated. I didn't want to "STIR" things up here, sorr!! i didn't realize that not putting in ".&," would start something like this. Can we just talk about our T's and not go back and forth on puncuation?

thanks moose.
Just put them on ignore.

JimM

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
....you obviously were able to convey what i was saying. and i did spell it right 1 out of 2 times.
moose
I was able to "convey" what YOU were saying? Neat!

Listen this isn't, and never was about "being a scientist" that's just stupid.

It's simply (and no worries osmbr, not about you at this point) about typing like a full grown adult (or 9th grader for that matter) so that you're taken seriously by other adults.

Welcome to the real world.

PS...the only reason I pointed out your spelling in this case was the irony factor...your remarks and all.
Anyone can make a typo.

osmbr, glad to have you around, and welcome!

Last edited:

Tapahtyn

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
sounds like a lot of anal retentiveness to me :)

BTW the heat tape sounds like something I will check out since our house varies in the
60's and I would like to keep it warmer in the T room.

bobsleaf

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So what is the consensus on heat tape? Did we reach one, or just lay into the OP?:embarrassed:

I only ask because I"m thinking about picking up about 20ft of it in the next day or two to run over my shelving in my room. The indoor temps here in the UK are currently down to 60-65F at night and it will only get colder from now on.

I'd rather they'd all be a bit more comfortable instead of enduring temps which are not ideal.

osmbr

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So what is the consensus on heat tape? Did we reach one, or just lay into the OP?:embarrassed:

I only ask because I"m thinking about picking up about 20ft of it in the next day or two to run over my shelving in my room. The indoor temps here in the UK are currently down to 60-65F at night and it will only get colder from now on.

I'd rather they'd all be a bit more comfortable instead of enduring temps which are not ideal.

hey,

What i got from all this was be careful wiring it, keep it 1-2" away from the enclosure, and not to put it on the bottom?? sorry thats all i really got from the other posts.:confused: hope that helps.:)

maitre

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hey,

What i got from all this was be careful wiring it, keep it 1-2" away from the enclosure, and not to put it on the bottom?? sorry thats all i really got from the other posts.:confused: hope that helps.:)
Yup, this is correct! Be sure to use a thermostat or rheostat to control the temps.