Headline: Chilean Rose Hair Eats for First Time in 1

Inspector Aberline

Arachnopeon
Thought other rose hair owners would be pleased to know that my beloved specimen (adult/female) just took a large dubia roach after 14 months of fasting. Maintained a plump abdomen during the entire period, was somewhat active, kept a large bowl of fresh water in her enclosure at all times. Otherwise maintained consistently dry and 78 or so degrees. (Stopped worrying after the first few months and some research on this site and related sources .) Would introduce a roach once a month or so by tongs. I was pleasantly surprised when the rosie snatched up the roach from the tongs. I am a contented owner this evening.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
I thought the juvie Rosie I got a few months ago was broke because it ate every time I introduced food (weekly). Your’s seems to be more the rule however. Well, maybe not THAT long of a fast.

SteveIDDQD

Arachnosquire
Been there. Had 13 years of extremely patch appetite from my AF rose hair. Was always great when she finally ate!

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I currently have an adult female Grammostola porteri who has never refused even one meal except when she was about to moult - and she only missed one meal before moulting. I couldn't believe it, even my fastest growing adults fast for more than two weeks before moulting.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My female has her fasting periods . Up to a year at the time! She moulted last year and has aten dince then. But in time she will start to fast again