He killed her!!!

Rick & Brandy

Arachnopeon
Avicularia versicolors: He realy did! We got a male to breed our female a couple weeks ago, yesterday we saw him filling his pulps (first time seeing that, way cool!) so we put him in and it took a few hours before he started tapping. Then he quit, and we just waited. Rick saw that she was out of her web, and he was trying to eat her!! (Now that just sounds backwards, right!) Rick pulled them out, trying to save her Sadly it was too late (It was Rizer our 1st prize winner, grew her since she was a sling ). He just kept trying to attack her more as he pulled them apart. She just didnt move.
He bit on her back, then on her rump (and her liquids were leaking).
We are interested to hear all of your thoughts on this one!

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's uncommon, but I have heard of it happening. Are you 100% sure she was actually a she? Was she sexed from an exuvium or ventrally?

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I'm sorry for your loss. It's such a rare occurrence.

rasputin

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
That is rare, that sucks - my heart would sink if I watched a T I raised from a sling get taken out.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
That's terrible :( I'm so sorry for your loss..

WelshTan

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is so unusual!! Usually you might kind of expect the male to get tagged, but not the female by the male? Soooooooo sorry for your loss, that must have been so awful to watch.

bliss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Very sorry about this. how big was she? I was doing a loan with versicolor, and the guy that sent the male to me told me to be careful - that he killed his smaller female earlier that week/month/whatever. my female was quite larger than the male and they were ok together.

I've also heard of this happening with Hysterocrates sp gigas too.

bksbuddha

Arachnopeon
:( I'm so truly sorry that you lost your precious baby. It's sad enough to lose one, but worse when you've put so much effort into getting her to breeding age. Sending hugs your way.

whites inverts

Arachnopeon
I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't know what I would do if I watched one of my T's pass that way, especially a female. Something similar happened to me with my P. Cancerides but the male didn't kill the female . They mated but immediately after the male was finished, he began lunging at her with his fangs wide open so I separated them and they bred again at a later time no problem. It was so weird to see a male do that.

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a male G. Pulchra attack a female but only after she pounced on him first.