Haven't seen my N. Incei sling in a month...

cduma

Arachnopeon
Has anyone experienced this with their N. Incei sling?

At the beginning of March, I bought an 0.5 inch N. Incei sling that had just recently molted. For the first few weeks, I would see it daily, sticking its front legs out of its burrow. However, I haven't seen a single sign for around a month. Put some crickets in there and they were never eaten -- usually they'd disappear within an hour or two. Is this a behavior expected of N. Incei slings? Or should I root around...

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Has anyone experienced this with their N. Incei sling?

At the beginning of March, I bought an 0.5 inch N. Incei sling that had just recently molted. For the first few weeks, I would see it daily, sticking its front legs out of its burrow. However, I haven't seen a single sign for around a month. Put some crickets in there and they were never eaten -- usually they'd disappear within an hour or two. Is this a behavior expected of N. Incei slings? Or should I root around...
Any pictures :pics::artist:?? Most slings burrow at some point.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Hummm difficult I had an incei sling the same size moult out stood in the burrow entrance after the moult seen little one moving about but when I went to do water's ect the sling never moved turned out the sling had passed away still stood there like a living t in the burrow entrance. It devastated me , I am still not sure what happened so I am torn the rational keeper in me says wait don't dig up but from my own experience with incei my gut says check....a week after a moult at that size your sling should be ravenous by now.
Pics would definitely help, has your sling burrowed or webbed? Is the sub dry or moist? How many days since you seen the sling ? Was little one skinny from the moult? When you did see little one last were the movements normal or jerky? More information is needed to try and help.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
If you have a small sling, give it a small enclosure, to check on it easily.

IMG_0764.jpeg
IMG_0765.jpeg
IMG_0704.jpeg
IMG_0705.jpeg
IMG_0714.jpeg

Last edited: