Happy Dance?

ezekeil

Arachnopeon
Everyone seems to refer to the happy dance alot, so im taking a guess here but is it when they catch their food and then rotate stickin there legs in the air an pattin their butts on the ground!? {D

My regalis sling does it every time but i havnt seen my vagans do it :(

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my G.rosea and A.avic do the same happy dance when they catch there prey. i am sure there is a technical name for this and someone might add it sooner or later.

becca81

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
When they are spinning in a circle, they are laying down a feeding mat.

jbrd

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my G.rosea will actually drop her prey after it dies and cover it with webbing then pick it up and eat it? :8o

Apocalypstick

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I gave my 4" juvy g .pulchra her first pinky the other day....talk about a happy dance!!! She thought friggin' Santa Claus had come :p

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When they are spinning in a circle, they are laying down a feeding mat.
Ha. If that's the happy dance, then mine is a disco gigolo on the dance floor all about a saturday night! :)

Not to hijack the thread, but you have said somthing that raised a quick question. Should I pick up those "Feeding mats" when I clean the T's enclosure? At first I was picking them out of there. But now I have been leaving them, because I don't wanna tick off my T, by doing this.

Apocalypstick

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The T's webbing is pretty valuable to it.... they are clean creatures for the most part. I leave my T's mats alone and she cleans most of the time. If I see dead parts she is not removing or wrapping...I take those out.

Windchaser

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I leave all webbing in the enclusers. The only time I remove it is when it is stuck to some bits of uneate or left over prey.

obsidion

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my a.genic roll up the mats and prey up in a neat ball and partally bury it in a corner.. thought that was funny.. any other`s that do that? does a mice happy dance too :)

ezekeil

Arachnopeon
oh my!!

Just noticed my regalis was doing the cutest thing! he is tidely putting his food wastage into little balls and putting them in the same place in the opposite corner of the tank! such a tidy T! I only just realised what they were when there were 3 little neat balls side by side {D

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
BOTH my G. rosea do this but I've NOT seen any of my Old World T's do it..

Is this typical for all New world vs Old world.. Species ? hmm

Tarangela

Arachnobaron
I will set and watch this every time one does it! I love to watch them go around and around in circles, drop their food, and dip down, and pick it up, really high! lol Looks like they are on their tippy toes!

My new T. blondi does this, and gets very into it! I guess she gets really excited :)

Very cool!

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
obsidion said:
my a.genic roll up the mats and prey up in a neat ball and partally bury it in a corner.. thought that was funny.. any other`s that do that? does a mice happy dance too :)
Same thing but my G.rosea dosen't use a corner it uses its water dish about once a week.
Kind of an off-topic but, do ya'll replace the substrate your T's move with new? Because after so many weeks my T. has a good hole under its hide from so many layers being removed.

Apocalypstick

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Funny thing about the little balls is they are almost perfectly round and similar in size :p

Jugg...I wouldn't replace the substrate. Your T will 'fix' it's house to it's preference. It may even remove the substrate you put back.

Mattyb

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Apocalypstick said:
Funny thing about the little balls is they are almost perfectly round and similar in size :p

Jugg...I wouldn't replace the substrate. Your T will 'fix' it's house to it's preference. It may even remove the substrate you put back.

Yeah some of my Ts always rearange their substrate, sometime i have to fix it cause they always get substrate in their water dishes.

-Mattyb

cryptly

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nerri1029 said:
BOTH my G. rosea do this but I've NOT seen any of my Old World T's do it..

Is this typical for all New world vs Old world.. Species ? hmm
I've seen my OBT's do this, only not quite as tidy. The mature female will leave unidentifiable cricket gunk in her water dish, while the juvie just pushes everything outside its web hide in a little pile by an entrance. Haven't seen any neatly wrapped packages though, wish they would wrap everything up all tidy like, make cleaning so much easier.