Haplopelma schmidti

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
He guys just wondering if yall think I should cohabitate the male and female or take the male out. I put him in earlier and they hooked up twice with good penetration but I took the male out in fear that she would eat him and I wouldnt be able to replace him as they are hard to come by. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
He guys just wondering if yall think I should cohabitate the male and female or take the male out. I put him in earlier and they hooked up twice with good penetration but I took the male out in fear that she would eat him and I wouldnt be able to replace him as they are hard to come by. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I have mated both h scmidti and h hainanum, and i got offspring from 2 hainanum, and a sac who turned out bad for schmidti. They are not that hard to mate really, it is more how you do it after mating that is difficult. I suggest you get a big container, then put down the female with her enclosure, make some hides outside her enclosure and put in the male. That way he can run away if needed. I have bred these for 3 eyars now, and never lost a male when doing it this way. I let them cohabitate this way for a week. Then i repeat it when the male have made a new spermweb.

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
cool man thanks for the advice, yea the female was very receptive which was suprising to me bc she is pretty vicious but I will have to try it like this and see how it works out.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It would be a good way to go. But be sure the male has made a spermweb before you give him a go. And a little peace of info..Dont offer them too much heat. Find out their climate they come from and follow it as good as possible. That is a key thing with them.