Haplopelma Longipes Help

SheWolf

Arachnopeon
Okay so we've had this lil guy for a while now and hes acting quite strange. We did our research of course and know he is a burrower, however anytime my boyfriend or I start a burrow for him he just fills it back up and shows no intention of making his own. He has simply slightly webbed up one corner of the cage and chills there. He doesnt seem stressed out, hes stays completely stretched out and is very active when interacted with(fed, when we put him in his enclosure, etc..) is this normal behaviour? Thoughts? Advice?

dredrickt

Arachnoknight
Just let it do its thing, it knows what its doing. If it doesn't want a burrow right now, that's fine. It might burrow after the next molt or two. Just make sure you have decently deep substrate, Haplopelma's are known for very deep burrows.

SheWolf

Arachnopeon
Alright I figured as much, and yeah we have substrate plenty deep he just shows no interest. I suppose I should be happy, I got a pet hole that ended up being a lovely T to show off

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
some more info would be helpful. how big is it? how long have you had it? are you sure you don't have a mature male? also pics of the T would he helpful as well to make sure its a haplopelma (people have gotten miss label Ts before)

SheWolf

Arachnopeon
some more info would be helpful. how big is it? how long have you had it? are you sure you don't have a mature male? also pics of the T would he helpful as well to make sure its a haplopelma (people have gotten miss label Ts before)
Hes a little over two inches and we've had him about a month. He was sold as a Thai Tiger so we did some searching/asking around(as there isnt much about them we've noticed) and came to the conclusion he was an H. Longipes, but we could be wrong so second opinions are appreciated. These pics were taken when we first got him, he took to the burrow we made him at first but has since covered it up and just webbed all over the floor of his enclosure. Also he has NOT molted since we got him.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

spiderengineer

Arachnoangel
Honestly in this case it could be the substrate not damped enough
They don't like to dig if it's not moist enough we are not talking soaking wet but damp