Haplopelma Lividum molt!

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I woke up this morning and saw my girl's fangs pressed up against the plastic of her KK. "That's odd," I thought, as I used the flashlight to peer around in her burrow. Movement way in the back caught my attention, so I looked and behold, there sat my freshly-molted haplopelma lividum! That sneaky little thing was in pre-molt and I didn't even know it! It must have happened overnight because I just looked in on her yesterday and the exuvium wasn't there, and she wasn't on her back. I went to bed at about 1 a.m., checked on her at about 2 p.m....I guess 13 hours is more than enough time to pull it off! Now I just have to wait and see what she does with the exuvium. I'd post pictures but its really hard to see through the plastic of the KK because it's very dirty, I really had to look hard to see her. Hopefully she'll kick it out so I can study it and all that, but if she ends up shredding/munching it's no big deal. Woohoo!!!

pearson340

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
congrats so she was in premolt all along see truff there was no need to worry

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know, you're right. And after all the posts I put up telling people to not worry I'm just as bad. :rolleyes: At least she's OK now, and in about a week or two she'll be ready to chow down! {D

desertdweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Congrats Alexis!!! If you can get a look at her, whooooa they are gorgeous freshly molted. Why, just reach your hand on in there and see.
{D {D {D

Give Reina a hug from me!

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats, Alexis! Glad it all worked out great! I just love it when they do that... you think you're looking at them, then "something ELSE moves". LOL.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nah, it's all balled-up in the corner of her burrow and it's really dirty, so it's hard to see through the tank. I can try to get a picture, but no promises! :)

seanbond

Arachnoking
Old Timer
CoNGraTs!!

im sure she looks nice! i have yet to get one of these but that should change soon!