Haplopelma albostriatum and chilobrachys fimbriatus

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I just put an order in for a C fimbriatus and an H albostriatum and they will be here in a few days. My question is if these guys can be kept the same way as eachother? I know they are old world obligate burrowers, but do they need anything different from the standard moist substrate, prestarted burrow, and water dish? Thanks.

tweakz

Arachnosquire
As far as I know not really. Maybe just look up there native areas for average rainfall and humidity.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
My chilobrachys sai yok wont burrow.. Makes awesome webbing like my gbb. Haplopelma are more well known as pet holes;:coffee:

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
All Asian terrestrials should have somewhat moist substrate (not soggy) with moderate ventilation. They need a full, clean water bowl at all times. Give them a cork slab or a pre-started burrow.

Last edited:

klawfran3

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Cool. Looks like I have everything set for these guys when they arrive!

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
C. fimbriatus are some opportunistic, though. Some web heavily, others don't. My female stopped webbing a lot once I rehoused her into her final enclosure. I'm somewhat suspecting they web if they're not happy with their burrow options, or the substrate.