handled my giant for th first time today! pics

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
he's alot more docile than i thought he'd be. gotta admit it was a little nerve racking though! :eek:

Last edited:

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
nice

that thing looks like it maybe 9"? big son of a gun, however long it is!

and... just for like posterity and what not... you know that would light you up like a firecracker if it *did* bite you, right?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
All right! Looking forward to a bite report. Haha, not really. With one that size, and sp, I'd quit while was still unbitten. But ....why can't I stop looking.... Careful man, I've had them seem fine and then ...WHAM! I don't do that anymore. But ....why can't I stop looking!

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the straightest i've got him to line up against a ruler he measures 27.5 cm, just shy on 11" in body length. and i'd say i'm probably not gonna get any more accurate a measurement than that. i'll get the pic of my camera tomorrow...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
the straightest i've got him to line up against a ruler he measures 27.5 cm, just shy on 11" in body length. i'll get the pic of my camera tomorrow...
nice! did you buy it at that size or have you grown it some? if you have grown in some, what were the growth rates like? i am hungry for data about how fast large cents grow :drool:

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i purchased him as a long time captive a couple months ago, not sure about exactly how old he is or what his growth rates were. but as far as age goes, he's getting up there. i don't expect him to get any bigger. he's an old boy (or girl?) he came up for sale at a steal of a price and i just couldn't say no. my first pede btw. he got me hooked though, looking into my next pede purchase soon...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i purchased him as a long time captive a couple months ago, not sure about exactly how old he is or what his growth rates were. but as far as age goes, he's getting up there. i don't expect him to get any bigger. he's an old boy (or girl?) he came up for sale at a steal of a price and i just couldn't say no. my first pede btw. he got me hooked though, looking into my next pede purchase soon...
nice buy, then :D

i would guess it is a boy... but i'm like 52%male 48%female. it looks like it has relatively long legs compared to body width

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
that looks like a vietnamese...wow dude, i know those are usually overally argo..awesome:clap:

wayne

driver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
that looks like a vietnamese...wow dude, i know those are usually overally argo..awesome:clap:

wayne
yup, he's a viet, and really since he's been here hasn't really seemed all that aggressive. i don't think i'll be playing with him to much more, i just had to see if i could do it. the curiosity finally got a hold of me. i got the pics now, i can leave it alone for a while, haha....

her ei go enjoying up my macro zoom again. would you believe i have had this camera for over a year and didn't realize i could macro zoom until the other day? lmao...

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well, with a pede that huge you don't really *need* macro

heh

nice shots. i think cent eyes are kind of weird looking. i like it

sick4x4

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
well mate you have some stones...mines kinda possessed lol and really jumpy and i mean that literally...its got some hops...so i'd say ur lucky as i wish mines was alittle calmer...i know a bite from this species is worst than most pedes...

great pics though, must of been hard trying to snap a pic with it crawling up your arm......

wayne

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That pede looks like he could steal the chicken wings out of your hands :p. Congratulations on the nice pics :).

Hey Caco, what is it you're saying about the sex and the relative lenght of legs?

phil.

ahas

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Holy sh1+!! I wouldn' t have the guts to do that. :D That thing' s huge man.

beetleman

Arachnoking
Old Timer
:drool: that's a biggie alright,nice to see it not being psyco like........all of them are{D nice pede.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That pede looks like he could steal the chicken wings out of your hands :p. Congratulations on the nice pics :).

Hey Caco, what is it you're saying about the sex and the relative lenght of legs?

phil.
sometimes when you see a M/F next to each other it looks like the female has a proportionally wider (like wide across the tergites) body compared to her legs than a male does

i shall attempt an ascii art
Code:
male

______      ______
      |    |
      |    |
______ **** ______
      |    |
      |    |
______ **** ______
      |    |
      |    |
______ **** ______
      |    |
      |    |
______ **** ______
      |    |
      |    |
______ **** ______
      |    |
      |    |
______ **** ______

female

______       ______
      |     |
      |     |
______ ***** ______
      |     |
      |     |
______ ***** ______
      |     |
      |     |
______ ***** ______
      |     |
      |     |
______ ***** ______
      |     |
      |     |
______ ***** ______
      |     |
      |     |
______ ***** ______
      |     |
      |     |
______ ***** ______

in my amazing graphical display there, you can see what i mean. with legs the same length a female might look wider in the body. i fully and readily admit that sometimes this is either such a small difference it is imperceptible or possibly not true all the time or possibly just wishful thinking and selective memory =P

lol, i'll try to mspaint something to show about the last two body segments. it will not be pretty, but it might be functional. we'll see

Last edited: