Handicapped Scorpion

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi all, all my spinifers scorplings had gone into 3rd instar and some seems ready to step into 4th instar only this guys still with the mum, because one of its palp has defects since birth, i was hoping it will regenerate when he moulstd to 3rd instar but its been a month or so since the last one moulted ;(

wat you guys think will it regenerate? should i remove it from the mom and tryt o feed him ? cos with the mum ard she keep thinking her scop is moulting hence killing every ting i put in and not eating them
not even the small scopling with the defect palp...

advise from some of you guys really appreciated :)

any idea gorge?

the defect palp
http://individualistic.multiply.com/photos/photo/25/31.jpg

the scopling- don think its moulting soon needs to eat more!
http://individualistic.multiply.com/photos/photo/25/33.jpg

TheNothing

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Scorpions do not regenerate limbs like tarantulas and other spiders do. Its not likely that your scorpion, with that much damage, will regenerate both chela fingers. Some growth will occure, but complete regrowth is entirely unlikely. It should, however, adapt well with the other just fine

kahoy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
poow scowp

just think that handicapped persons have great talents...

by then it goes like this...

JUST THINK THAT HANDICAPPED SCORPIONS HAVE GREAT TALENTS...

try teaching her/him to roll over:D {D

just kiddi'n

im sorry for your scorp

ive also got some probs like that in my i.maculatus

but...

its a nice thing...

instead of having the spots on the back become parallel to each other...

ive got a scorp having it in diamond shape...

but GOD did somthing...

for the scorp not to suffer the bad effects of popularity...

GOD TOOK HIM AWAY...:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
OUCH!

i dont think that will regenerate far enough to be usable :(

make sure you keep an eye on this scorp, incase it might fail a moult
you would need to be there to help it free its hand, if it cant free it itself

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
got that george. hmm... still thinking if i should seperate it to feed it since the mum is not feeding it... :(

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yep separate it
if thats the case, then its not strong enough to feed itself
the mum doesnt -feed- the babies, they take food from her in most cases

good luck, he should be fine!

if the moult goes horribly wrong, you might eventually have to remove the remains of the claw

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
yup thanks for the advice,,, will keep you uddated on how is this fellow, im determine to keep this fellow there alive and grow up, my special single palp scop whahahahahah!!!!!!!

1/2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
TheNothing said:
Scorpions do not regenerate limbs like tarantulas and other spiders do. Its not likely that your scorpion, with that much damage, will regenerate both chela fingers. Some growth will occure, but complete regrowth is entirely unlikely. It should, however, adapt well with the other just fine
I have to agree with this, it is not very likely that it will regenerate bouth fingers, but it will adapt.. Scorpions are resiliant creatures, and as long as they are healthy they will find a way to cope. It might nead some extra help from you at first, but it will most likely be worth it.

Best of luck

Scorpfanatic

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
haha so happy for it now as its feeding on a adult mealworm whcih i cut off thr head and offered it in bwteen its palps. with out any problem itr moved forward and start feeding on it for the past hour by now! :p! thanks for the advoce everyone gues i should have done this some time ago? whaha poor fellow...