hamsters

snappleWhiteTea

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
It's funny,
hampster= loveable pet
mouse=food.

I had both mice and hamsters as a young kid, my dog ended up eating one and that was the end of my little pet career. until recently when i got into inverts.

RoachGirlRen

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
hampster= loveable pet
mouse=food.
That equation is reversed for me! I've had probably a good hundred (pet) mice in my life time (I've never gone without a pet mouse since age five and have up to a dozen pet mice at a time), and I've had all of two that were nasty. The rest were some of the sweetest, gentlest, smartest, most lovable rodents one could ask for.

On the other hand, I've also had many hamsters (not as many, but still quite a number) and I have all of two that were nice. The rest ranged from being nippy to being outright psychotically aggressive, chasing you around the enclosure with snapping jaws.

As far as I'm concerned, if I ever get enough snakes to warrant breeding feeders... I'm breeding hamsters (and of course pre-killing so they don't butcher my snake).

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I think hamsters are much better food for snakes.. they more closely resemble the *majority* of prey for the captive owned species of snake. If I remember that correctly? lol

After this thread, I was tempted to get anothe small, fuzzy creature at the pet store when I went to get crickets.. damn yall! lol