Hadrurus Arizonensis = Communal?

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:confused: between books and websites half say yes half say no. so i was wondering if anyone keeps them communally. i was especially wondering if they will happily exist in communal setups of 5+

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No, they aren't comunal. Yes some people keep them comunally. I do. I have a HUGE tank with about 5 scorpions. All have hides and plenty of space and food. No canabalism yet.

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah i have 1 in a 10 gal. tank and it never comes outa its burrow. but i have a 55 gal monstrosity which im looking to use for a big desert communal setup. i was looking at israeli goldens but i like the fact that giant desert hairy scorps sting there prey. the israeli goldens have big pincers to subdue prey.

Alonso99

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Have you looked into Hottentotas? You could keep a sweet colony in a tank that size.

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
to tell u the trusth never heard of em lol. i will look into them.

~Androctonus~

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
yeah i have 1 in a 10 gal. tank and it never comes outa its burrow. but i have a 55 gal monstrosity which im looking to use for a big desert communal setup. i was looking at israeli goldens but i like the fact that giant desert hairy scorps sting there prey. the israeli goldens have big pincers to subdue prey.
The israeli goldec [scorpio maurus palmatus] isn't communal.
they will generally kill or eat one each other.

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
odd, almost everything ive read in books and on websites lists the israeli golds as communal so long as u have seperate hides enough room and food.

~Androctonus~

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Odd, almost all of my groups of the israeli golds were not communal and never mind if i had separate hides and gave enough room and food ;)
that's will work month, 2... 3...at the end someone will at least damaged, generally will die.

SpunkMyer

Arachnopeon
that aint rad i was thinking of tryin to do a communal setup with the israeli goldens as well. scorpion book i got at local petshop lists them as a communal species. i guess i'll try another scorp.

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i've been keeping them together for about 1 and half year but there hasn't been no problem . sometimes if one of them tries to encroach on another's province, it looks like they are fighting but in my care, they've been alright.
sorry im not really familiar with scorpions so that's all i can say!

signinsimple

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm getting a group of 6 Israeli golds This wednesday along with a few forest scorps. I'm gonna keep the golds in a Desert set up that I've been keeping 3 3-inch Dune scorps in communally..now I need a home for these Dune's (they are not supposed to be communal either, but they get along fine...they basically ignore one another..what can I say, I was inspired when I saw several people had dessert hairys together). Anyway, no incidents yet and they've met each other quite a few times.

From what I've read, Israeli golds are communal. So I'm gonna like having more scorps in this set up. I didn't want to risk adding any more Dune's since they're "solitary".