Hadruroides lunatus, a rare and very agressive Chilean scorpion.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey Dave,
This is what appears to be a different species I found along the coast. It obviously will feed on other scorpions. I found this on a section of beach where the locals discard trash! In fact that is the only place you find anything in that area despite the fact there are plenty of rocks to hide under. I found several of these under cardboard, discarded clothes etc

tarantulasperu

Arachnopeon
that isint a hadruroides lunatus

these extremely agressive scorpions belong to the genus brachiostrenus sp they are extreme predators that are even canibalistic using their long stinger to rip apart the insides of the scorpion since scorpions are immune to their own venom they range from 2.5centimeters to 12centimeters here in peru i had a 12 centimeter specimen that died. never managed to get a photo right now i will go in search of one giant one to post a photo.

peterUK

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have 2 of these great little scorps, all that I do know about them is that they should be kept cooler than most other scorps. I have them at room temp like a Tarantula and they seem to be doing fine.
They will actually flip over trying to tag you, I havent sexed them yet but I am wondering if they are females with PMT :D

Malcara

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I definitely wouldn't mind owning one of those either. Anything that's got a lot of coloration and patterns like that I find to be extremely beautiful. I've been trying to attain some Lychas sp. but have been unable. I prefer my inverts to be aggressive and beautiful. I'm tired of the boring common crap like emperors and stuff. That is why I fell in love with some of the Tityus and Lychas sp. There mottled, multicolored patterns are amazing. If you could point me in a direction where I might be able to buy one of these guys I'd be grateful. I'm willing to pay the price for a rare species.

HKronos

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
this is a video of my subadult brachiosternum peruvianus eating a Hadruroides sp they are canibals in nature eating other scorpions and anything about their sizehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-5of1w-Wwgs
Awesome video, you've made me and the local wildlife feel so dull and common. Loved the T video you made too.

I would love to get my hands on Chilean and Peruvian scorpions tho even if they were available itd have to wait shortly.