H. pertsii

afs rock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I plan on getting a H.pertsii female for my male pertsii and was wondering what are some care things that are diffrent from other Heterometrus :?

Here is a pic of my male

Xanthopus

Arachnoknight
Don't think theres much of a difference in caring for heterometrus sp. Just keep the humid high, lots of substrate to burrow if they want, provide a water dish, add some hides. Btw, nice scorpion u have there, good luck if u plan on breeding with ur female :).

afs rock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
are these relatively rare in the u.s. because i can't find a care sheet anywhere

inverts

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
When searching, try using "Heterometrus petersii," instead of "pertsii." As mentioned above, their care is pretty much the same as other Heterometrus species.

Xanthopus

Arachnoknight
Yes since most maybe if not all heterometrus are from forests and most have a general care sheet :).

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think they come in waves to the US. And so many pet stores and on-line dealers miss the ID. I think many dealers are into Ts more and need to move the inventory so they come up with the best ID they can. The biggest mix up involve petersii, spinifer and longimanus imo. All those are splattered over the internet with diff IDs, the way it looks to me anyway, it's a mess out there. Yours looks like petersii to me though, from what I think petersii is lol. I have a female and I'm raising her scorplings right now. I'd send her over but I think she's gravid again. There might be some in a store here, I'll check next time I'm there.