1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

H mac Health concern

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Ava, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Ava

Ava Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I recently aquired a confirmed female juvinile Heteroscodra maculata from a breeder that included her as a freebie in a mutiple tarantula purchase. I am currently concerned if she has something wrong with her due to the fact she has only eaten once in my care which has been a month since. Her adomen is rather small and the fact she has shown no signs of molting I am slightly worried. I am currently working on a new setup so I would like to move her soon as possible if she is healthy enough to handle such. Couls someone please tell me if she is okay or not? :(

Attached Files:

2. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnobaron Active Member

I am no expert but she doesn't look great.

But seriously who gives a H. mac as a freebie? So irresponsible

3. Ava

Ava Arachnopeon

Yeah I agree with you on that. I luckly keep old worlds mostly and have kept hmacs in past so luckly I’m familiar with them. My gut feeling has been telling me something is wrong sadly

4. 0311usmc

0311usmc Arachnosquire

I agree she doesn't look good. Doesn't look anything like my H.mac. I truly hope it pulls through for you, I love mine a truly awesome specie of tarantula. Best of luck to you.

5. Glorious Baboon

Glorious Baboon Arachnosquire Active Member

Utah
    I mean if your ordering old worlds it would be safe to assume you can ship an ow as a freebie and they would be able to handle it. Hope she is okay there a fun species I hardly see mine

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnobaron Active Member

not eating and no signs of premolt arent exactly phrases that go together, that being said, its probably not a sucking stomach issues as it ate in your care. my B smithi went two months fasting until it ate, which is why not eating is not always a good determinator for premolt. a photo of current set up and description of how you attempt feeds would not hurt as its useful information. not eating as you know is not uncommon.

7. The Grym Reaper

The Grym Reaper Arachnotank Arachnosupporter

Probably the same people who give out free C. huahini slings when you order a B. emilia :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Active Member

Her abdomen doesn't look concerningly small? Arboreals don't get those massive round butts like terrestrials.

Has she had access to water?

9. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

Poor little lass. She really does look sorry for herself. Get her in a suitable set up and hopefully she'll pull through. I thought she was a tatty old MM at first.

Offer a wax worm as they're slow moving and basically juice bags. Shouldn't scare her. They will burrow into the sub and into cork bark if left so make sure you're there.

Seems daft but hat you keeping her warm enough?

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  10. Ava

Ava Arachnopeon

Sadly I found her this morning in the death curl. She was warm enough and had access to water. I moved her into her new setup as I was able to finsh it quicker than expected. Sad loss I have to say. :( Thanks for all the advice its much appreciated

I offered her a wax worm few days ago well she refused that too. Pretty much been through every live food they can consume

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2018
    • Sad Sad x 3
  11. Tenebrarius

sorry for the loss mate, never something that one gets used to but T death are just something that happen

12. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

Sad to read. Poor lass.

13. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

Have you checked if that's a mature male?

Seriously looks like one. They do everything you've described, and only live a short time after maturing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Tenebrarius

sorry for the loss mate, never something that one gets used to but T death are just so
    that would explain a lot, I cant see the pedipalps too well so we'll have to wait for OP.

edit: being given a MM is a terrible deal though

15. Paul1126

Paul1126 Arachnobaron Active Member

My first thought when seeing the image was a mature male

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Teal

Teal Arachnoking Active Member

Mature male H. macs are waaaay fluffier, in my experience. Maybe a really old female? I'm curious to see see if the poster responds about the palps...

17. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

No way that's a female H maculata.

• Agree Agree x 1