H. lividum question

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
i got a little H. lividum when it was about 3/8" now it is almost 3", i thought they were supposed to be one the more defensive T's? mine has only stuck at me once. or is it possible that i have a semi cool lividum?

PhobeToPhile

Arachnoknight
Well, how are you keeping it? What is it's setup like? If it doesn't have to strike, then it may opt to just go for its burrow.

Ben Oliver

Arachnopeon
i have it kept in a critter keeper with about 70 to 80% humidity and about 6" of a mix of potting soil and peat moss. and the temp sits at room temp about 70, i have all my T's sitting on the entertainment center. i have never seen the T out of its hole.

Huzi

Arachnopeon
Its all in the personality of the T not all Ts are the same ,I've got a 13cm female G.rosea who is super aggressive and always gives me the threat pose ,this specie is generally considered docile and calm but mine is the opposite . Either you've just ended up with a calm H.lividum , or it is in post or pre molt .one thing I've noticed with most of my Ts especially aggressive ones they tend to be more calm before and after a molt .