H. lividum Handling??

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
Google is full of bad info.
Agreed, Google is not the way to go. If you really want to do your research, use the search function on these boards and read. There is TONS of good info here from people who have kept tarantulas for a long time. If you can't find something by searching here, then ask.

i guess ill give her back to the store than...
Really, there is no need for the attitude. Joe is right, there is a lot of bad/misinformation to be found through Google. As I said, you may not like all the replies you get, but usually there is a good reason for them.

Last edited:

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
why dont you quit the pity party and move on. jeeze i hear rite-aid is out of kleenex OP. theyre not trying to turn you away, this is the internet, dont take it so personal! smile....

tarantulaballz3

Arachnosquire
why dont you quit the pity party and move on. jeeze i hear rite-aid is out of kleenex OP. theyre not trying to turn you away, this is the internet, dont take it so personal! smile....
you probably dont understand how excited i was to get a T and join arachnoboards and see what legitimate keepers do...you probably have a crapton of tarantulas so its not a big deal... but coming on as a newbie all excited and then just be treated like i dont deserve a tarantula was pretty bad...

---------- Post added 08-26-2011 at 10:52 PM ----------

Agreed, Google is not the way to go. If you really want to do your research, use the search function on these boards and read. There is TONS of good info here from people who have kept tarantulas for a long time. If you can't find something by searching here, then ask.

Really, there is no need for the attitude. Joe is right, there is a lot of bad/misinformation to be found through Google. As I said, you may not like all the replies you get, but usually there is a good reason for them.
theres no good reason to be called stupid for asking people how they handle an aggressive species... it was a question that was going to come up someway or another.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Alright, let's all go to bed and start over tomorrow. :)

tarantulaballz3, out of curiosity, how old are you?

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There we go guys. Give him some slack.

I strongly suggest you not try to handle that H. lividum. Work your way up. :)

Shell

ArachnoVixen AKA Dream Crusher AKA Heartbreaker
Staff member
There we go guys. Give him some slack.

I strongly suggest you not try to handle that H. lividum. Work your way up. :)
Agreed and agreed.

If you really want a tarantula you can handle, go get yourself a docile NW species, and enjoy the lividum without handling it. :)

I certainly do not think you're stupid, I just think you need to be a little more open to taking the advice you're given here. As I said, do that and search around the boards, and you'll be ok.

stewstew8282

Arachnoknight
lets consider the phrase " if you play with fire your bound to get burned "

if we turn this into tarantulas, you could consider h. lividum to be a bug hunk of thermite....

pnshmntMMA

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you probably dont understand how excited i was to get a T and join arachnoboards and see what legitimate keepers do...you probably have a crapton of tarantulas so its not a big deal... but coming on as a newbie all excited and then just be treated like i dont deserve a tarantula was pretty bad...

---------- Post added 08-26-2011 at 10:52 PM ----------

theres no good reason to be called stupid for asking people how they handle an aggressive species... it was a question that was going to come up someway or another.
i only have 3. im on everyones side here man! my motto: lets get along. i was excited too when i got one a few years ago and im still a newby..always will be haha. just best bet is ask and acknowledge! enjoy your Tarantula theyre lots of fun!

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If you want something you can handle I'd recommend a Curly Hair or maybe a desert blond. Both docile NWs.

BobGrill

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Those are a bit fast moving and nervous, and they can jump pretty far, but yeah they are very docile. You know anything about caring for arboreals? They can be a bit more tricky which is why I recommended a terrestrial NW.

tarantulaballz3

Arachnosquire
Those are a bit fast moving and nervous, and they can jump pretty far, but yeah they are very docile. You know anything about caring for arboreals? They can be a bit more tricky which is why I recommended a terrestrial NW.
yeah I know how to care for arboreals, I may get a b. smithi around my birthday, so in like 2 weeks. But so far how it's going I don't think my mom will let me,she came in to my room while iwas takingoutthe lividums water to put in lean water, and it instantly got into threat display and ran around the tank, so she crapped her pants, and now she says I'm stupid for getting it. :(

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your mother needs to learn how to be a good parent...

tarantulaballz3

Arachnosquire
Your mother needs to learn how to be a good parent...
hahaha she's so scared, I wanted to buy my sister an a. versicolor, from sukai94.. But she now thinks that every T islike my lividum...so basically she hates tarantulas.

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'll send you a PM tomorrow for your mother to read.

R McP

Arachnosquire
so i think im just gonna stick to google and leave arachnoboards to the expeirenced keepers that share their stories of the hundreds of T's they own.. cuz i only have 1 and apparently i cant even take care of that..
I feel the same way sometimes as I am a noob with only one t and just a kid. this said have have next to no hands on experience but from reading threads here and watching videos on you tube I feel i can throw in my opinion and try to help others on this forum. Also some people may seem like they are being mean and all but they are just trying to help. some of them have been in the hobby for a very long time and may not remember what its was like being inexperienceed and having to ask questions instead of answer them (im not saying you dont)
I do think you started out with a bad T, and that you should get a Brachypelma or Aphonepela sp.