H. arizonensis munching on C. sculpturatus

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
i can possibly see that happening. at least their ranges overlap.

pandinus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
i dont see this as cruel in any way. sure its kind of a bummer to people who dont live in scorpion territory to think that some people have enough running arount to where they can do this, but still thats not the OP's fault. this interaction is just as natural if not more so than feeding a cricket to a scorpion. Hadrurus arizonensis is a powerful predator and frequently feeds on other scorpions in the wild, i think its interesting to see a scorpion feeding on prey it would find in its natural habitat. great pics goomba, though i gotta say it feels like you are having a bit too much fun at the expense of the squeemish lol.

John

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
C'mon man, if you have too many C. sculpturatus and you don't want them, you can always ship them to me :}
got dozen of h.longimanus here
i'd love to see your hadrurus feast on them

:drool:

TheAssyrian

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I don't know what the fuss is about afterall these wildcaught scorps are natural prey of the H. arizonensis. However, there can be a small profit wrought from those small scorpions not to mention a great pet.

Great pics tho!

Nothing kicks more arse than feeding my recently acquired adult female wild caught mantis with wild caught wasps and hornets. Mantids specialize in flying insects. But it is getting cold in these parts reducing my food stock. I may have prolonged the mantid's life taking her in from the cold.

rd_07

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
not sure if this girl can do much of f damage to your heavyweight
but she sure did made me dizzy {D

anyways, you got there one nice hadrurus
i never got good luck with this species

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I love seeing people get their panties into a bunch over shots like this, haha.

I baby my H. arizonensis. She had a 5 gallon fillded to the brim with substrate, and is in the process of getting her own 10 gallon.

The Bark was found in the same area. I don't see what the big fuss is about. People keep roaches as pets too. Plus, I have a small C. sculpt colony of 5 specimens going.
Goomba is probably like one of those guys on Youtube that likes to see Inverts fight each other to the death. IMO, coming on here like he did is like a guy going on a Dog Forum saying he fed his rat terrier to his Pit Bull. I bet he did this just to get a reaction out of us as stated early in this post. :rolleyes:

Taryllton

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I say give the guy a break. Anyone can turn on the discovery channel and see stuff way more horrific than this (I'm not even going to mention the news haha), and it's kind of unfair to speculate on his motives. He fed his pet and took some pictures of it, what's the big deal?

DireWolf0384

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I say give the guy a break. Anyone can turn on the discovery channel and see stuff way more horrific than this (I'm not even going to mention the news haha), and it's kind of unfair to speculate on his motives. He fed his pet and took some pictures of it, what's the big deal?
Its just that I spend hours and hours a week on the C. Sculpts I breed and find it an insult he just up and post his "feeding". I believe he did it simply to get a reaction. This topic should be closed before it gets out of hand which I see happening. :rolleyes: