H.arizonensis Gravid or just Fat

Marcus D

Arachnopeon
Hello, I have this new scorpion that was gifted to me by a friend and I'm fairly new to arachnids, I would love if anyone can confirm or give me some information if this girl is Gravid or just overweight and even how old she is. Thanks so much I'll provide pictures and you guys can request them too if need be

Attachments

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Hey. Welcome to the arachnid world!
This arizonensis is pretty young, my guess is instar 4 or so. It is in premolt stage, which means that it will stop eating for a while, and then molt.
Be careful not to let the humidity get too low at that moment, or it may very well fail to molt properly and die. I suggest you mist (lightly) the enclosure every evening.
Though, at any other given period, the substrate for this scorpion must be bone dry.
Hope I helped, may the others correct me if something here is inaccurate. :)

Marcus D

Arachnopeon
Hey. Welcome to the arachnid world!
This arizonensis is pretty young, my guess is instar 4 or so. It is in premolt stage, which means that it will stop eating for a while, and then molt.
Be careful not to let the humidity get too low at that moment, or it may very well fail to molt properly and die. I suggest you mist (lightly) the enclosure every evening.
Though, at any other given period, the substrate for this scorpion must be bone dry.
Hope I helped, may the others correct me if something here is inaccurate. :)
Thank you so much for the knowledge!!! I'm so happy with this site such a good community. I'll deffintley keep her lightly misted. Now the mist should be everyday until the molt and then once she molts stop with the misting? Thanks for the help ~ marc