Grrrrr.....

Malevolus

Arachnopeon
I'm sure it bugs everyone, but the random issues really really irritate me when it comes to T's. I recently got a King Baboon, wanted one for ages and I've been giddy like a school girl over having one. When I got it last week, it had a bald spot on it's abdomen, I didn't really think much of it. It started being a bulldozer, made a burrow and was doing well, till two days ago. It started doing the stressed/death curl for no apparent reason. Today on inspecting it, the bald spot on it's abdomen has turned into a circular depression which is a deep rusty brown. Around it is a raised area that's a really light tan. There's nothing that could have fallen on it, and if it fell off the side of the tank, it would have only gone about 2" and then just hit peat moss. I have it in ICU right now, but I seriously doubt it'll make it. :wall:

One the same day, I noticed my 1.5" fire leg curling as well. It's got no injuries, isn't dehydrated, isn't too cold, ate two days ago, but won't move unless I lightly blow in it's tank.

All my others are their normal feisty selves. Just grrr...

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That's no good... Luckily I haven't had to deal with anything like that with my T's but I'm sure some issue will arise eventually.

Do you keep all your spiders together? Could it be something they ate or a pesticide or something? Any suspicions?

Malevolus

Arachnopeon
They're all in the same general area, yes. Got a huge entertainment center and they're in the shelves on one side of it.

As for a pesticide, or something they ate, I honestly doubt it. I fed all of them the same crickets, and those are the only two doing bad. Plus, I've got a monitor that eats the crickets too and he's also fine.

I think I'm more frustrated since those were two of my favorites. The only thing that I could possibly think of(for the fireleg) was that it was mighty warm in my place the past few days, but that never seemed to bother them before, and strange it singled out the Fireleg. As for the King, I really have not a single clue.

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Weird..were they the only slings in your collection?

Malevolus

Arachnopeon
The king wasn't a sling, it had about a 3-3.5" legspan on it.

Other than those two, I've got a .75" P. Regalis, P. Irmina, 3" H. Mac, 1.5-2" L. Para, and a 2" Chaco gold knee

Aurelia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmm...since it happened so soon after you got it, maybe it got bumped around during shipping or there was an issue with it before you got it. :? I don't know...I hope it makes it though.

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is a stretch... but do you play loud music in the entertainment center? Maybe low freqs caused a problem.. Again, its just a stab in the dark.

Malevolus

Arachnopeon
The shipping could be the only other cause. I don't know :(

As for the loud music, that's a big no. I live in an apartment with thin walls and the only music I listen to is off my computer's headset.

Just took a peek about 5 minutes ago and it's stone dead. :wall: :wall:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That sucks. So sorry to hear it.

Was the KB wild caught? Could be a parasite maybe... Also, we run such a risk of cross contaminating our t's with stuff we come in contact with every day. Mosquito spraying, neighbors spraying wasp nests, frontline on dogs, cleaning chemicals, and so on and so forth. If you tended to the fire leg (B boehmi?) at the same time as the KB then perhaps it was a contamination thing and not the injury/boil/spot at all.

IME loud music has a way of actually stimulating t's. Often when I play music they come out and put their toes against the walls like they're 'listening'. I've never observed one to adopt a defensive or threatened position as a result of loud music.

Malevolus

Arachnopeon
Well, whatever hit those two, they're both gone now. And they're back on my list of T's to get.

The fireleg seemed to come around, but then this morning before I fed/watered I noticed it in the same spot it's been in for two days(not uncommon for mine) but when it didn't respond when I sprayed in the tank(it always went kamikaze when I misted) I got to lookin at it. No apparent injuries, looked healthy to my novice eyes, and didn't seem dehydrated. Just please tell me it wasn't female lol

As for the King Baboon, the seller didn't list that it was WC. I'm hoping maybe someone has seen something like this before to shed some light on the subject. The first pic is kind of bad, but it was minutes after I put it in the new tank and was taken through the side of the KK. The next two were taken yesterday morning.