Grosphus ankarana, questions for keepers

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I just got four (2:2) of these guys, Grosphus ankarana. I've read the species description and have researched the Ankarana Massif( thanks Michiel), I’d like to get some information that I won’t find in the species description. I understand that they are not very communal so I’ll be keeping them in pairs for breeding purposes, then alone. I’m not really sure how I should be keeping the humidity. I know they come from an area that has a very dry season and a very wet season. I’m planning on keeping them in between to slightly dry. I’d like to hear from someone that’s keeping them. Any breeding advice or general care information would be nice. If anyone has experience with them please let me know. I’ve kept G madagascariensis and I’m keeping and breeding G grandidier.

PS pictures will have to wait until the weekend. They are supper cool. Brick red and big, 4.5"-5", way bigger than any other bark species I've seen.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Im bumping this thread because i also need to know.

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Im bumping this thread because i also need to know.
If you PM me an email address I'll get you a species description. I'll reply with what I learned in depth later this evening.

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
If you PM me an email address I'll get you a species description. I'll reply with what I learned in depth later this evening.
Thanks but i just found the Ankarana Massif =)

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
This is how I keep mine. I keep mine in pairs in about a 1.5 gallon Tupperware. I have more floor space but some height. They spend most of their time under the cork. I keep the tank half humid and half drier. They should be fairly tolerant to drought but they spend more time on the more humid side. I never allow it to dry out totally. They will drink for a bottle cap water dish. I provide a warm side and a cooler side, but never under 73F. When the mother appears to be heavily gravid, stops eating, hides more, ect. I remove the male and leave her alone. I also increase the humidity, especially when the babies are born and start to molt to 2i. I don’t have much info on raising babies; I just had a nice brood (around 60). I’m raising them separately, from communication with experienced keepers, they aren’t very communal, compared with other bark scorpions. I’m keeping the babies the same way as the adults otherwise.

JOhn