Great stuff expanding foam

Atx512

Arachnopeon
So I sprayed the great stuff after cleaning and prepping my tank. Then set cork bark in the foam as it was expanding, let it cure two days and when I went to cut the foam it seemed like it wasn't right. The foam wasn't fully cured full of air bubbles didn't stick to the glass in some places and really didn't stick to the cork bark like a couple of my previous tanks I have done. My question is do I really need to taketake remaining great stuff off or if I respray will the new great stuff stick to it?

Attachments

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You should head over to Dendroboards, you'll get more answers. People on here use it too mind you, not nearly as many as DB.

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Is it still tacky? Did you shake the can really really good before you used it? Did you clean the glass with rubbing alchohol prior to use?

Thanks,
--Matt

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Did you shake the can really really good before you used it?
They used to buy that stuff in 5 gallon cans where I once worked. It had a 3 week shelf life. It was mixed in a one gallon can with an electric paint stirrer for 3 solid minutes, timed. Then they had 30 seconds to get it poured or wretched mess time. Big sigh of relief when the refrigeration insulation department switched to the 2 part catalyst type with a self mixing injection system.
Don't expect too much from garden variety homeowner products. Much too fussy.

Last edited: