Gravid P. transvaalicus

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I managed to get a pic that kind of shows the babies in mom's belly. Sorry for the haziness but the pic was taken through the plastic wall of her enclosure.

Any time. *pace pace pace*

Atrax

Attachments

Last edited:

steve055

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thats awsome, probably my favorite scorpion out there. I would kill for a gravid P. Transvaaius, let alone any. No one seems to have them anymore.

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Dude she is going to pop any day by the looks of her. Boy is she fat! :D

Steve: Swifty's has some babies.

John
];')

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah, I've been checking on her 3 or 4 times a day expecting to see little babies on her back. I'm so damn nervous. LOL!

I have a question....

How long after the babies disperse should one wait before pairing the female with the male again?

Atrax

p.s. I can't believe I misspelled the title to this thread! :8o

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Gary,

Good thing you're friends with one of the mods who can cover your ass on the spelling side of things. :)

Best of luck with the birthing. You can pair them again very shortly after seperating the young ... hours if you want. When I swiped my H.spinifer babies, the two of them were mating again that very night.

Cheers,
Dave

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for fixing the error Dave, good looking out. :)

I will probably feed the female up for a few days before pairing her back up with the male.

BTW, I wasn't the one who first paired them up. I bought the m/f pair after they had mated. I will hopefully be able to take full credit for a second brood though.

Atrax

Malhavoc's

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Gary,

Good thing you're friends with one of the mods who can cover your ass on the spelling side of things. :)

Best of luck with the birthing. You can pair them again very shortly after seperating the young ... hours if you want. When I swiped my H.spinifer babies, the two of them were mating again that very night.

Cheers,
Dave
Tsk tsk Dave breaking your own rules wiht foul moth words lol ;)