• The Report forums are closed to new reports.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reports.

Information on how to use our new Reports section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Grammostola sp. "Northern Gold"

DamoK21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
So i was checking to see how they were all doing weather they had finished eating and so on and noticed transparent fluid on one of the females legs. I belived it to be blood and because she still had a mouth full well i new this wasnt guna be easy .....

I proded her out of her hide and she came out all guns blazing then ran back in so i tried again .. No luck well noing her hide was burried under some Eco Earth coco fibre i had to dig it out so thats what i did i piched grabed her and to the life of me she swung round and in goes these gourgess fangs {D

iv got her in ICU as iv wrote this also this only happend about 10 - 15 mins ago so ...

The pain is well on a scale of 1 - 10 it doesnt hit even 1 its just itchy and a lil numb and feels like a bruise

she is fine she is looking active and healthy .. im going to leave her be for now until im 110% happy that she wont start bleeding again once back in her enclosure. it seems the bleeding has stopped but need to be sure.

the bite it self was worth it knowing she is going to be fine (Hopefully)

(EDIT) She is fine and happy back in the enclosure. Further symptons were local swelling. began to sting a tiny amount 1 hour after the bite nothing special again on a pain rating again not even 1. . . .

She is fine thank god urm i found out how it happend (she was attacked by her food) but she is fine and well in future ill be hand feeding abit more rather than letting her hunt for it.

urm nothing more to add really other than they dont generally bite or flick hairs these are the most docile T's iv ever owned (this includes Grammostola rosea,, Avicularia avicularia,, Avicularia versi and Brachypelma smithi) so if your new to the hobby or if any one wants a really docile T these are for you definatly. She didnt bite in defence it was because she was eating and she was not happy to be taken away from her home whilst eating so there great and if truth be told every bite iv ever took was my fault i deserved it (only been bit twice) egg sack experience ey lol

any way buy one of these there solid as can be and there colours are gourgess

Last edited: