Species Grammostola rosea (a.k.a. Grammostola cala)

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
moricollins said:
Sarah,

this forum http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/forumdisplay.php?f=24 is full of people selling tarantulas and other inverts (and some other non-inverts).

Best of luck with your current (and future) invert collection. :)
Mori

Hi Mori,

Thank you! :) I just ordered 4 spiderlings from Jason @ Southern Spider Works, and can't wait for them to arrive tomorrow! I'm tempted to stand right beside the mailbox and wait for the mail to go by ;) Can't wait!!!

~

Drachenjager,

Well, there's a spider there if you look hard enough :D

Sarah

MrWhite

Arachnopeon
Hey :)
My female G.Rosea flipped over about 10 minutes ago, she's not eaten for months and today put down a lot of web so I knew the molt was coming.
Very excited. Hope it goes ok.
Here's a pic
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mrwhite/molting.jpg

Unfortunately, my mum is going to NYC tomorrow so is taking the digi cam so I won't be able to post any new pics of her untill monday.

Hope you like the pic :)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Sarah_88 said:
Drachenjager,

Well, there's a spider there if you look hard enough :D

Sarah
It took me about 5 times looking at the picture to find the tarantula, perhaps others are more distracted than I am even.

Best of luck with the new arrivals.
Mori

MrWhite

Arachnopeon
The molt went fine! :)
Awoke just now to 2 spiders in the tank :p I managed to quickly grab this pic before I had to take my mum to the airport.
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~mrwhite/molted.jpg

And that's the last you'll see of her untill monday. Wonder if she's gotten any bigger, she was a little over 5" before the molt. Do rosies get much bigger?

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
nice shots!
but...the colors are quiet strange.
I remenber the G.roesa is Pink and red color on Caraspace..but it is difference.
very nice T.

smellyocheese

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ralph said:
nice shots!
but...the colors are quiet strange.
I remenber the G.roesa is Pink and red color on Caraspace..but it is difference.
very nice T.

this one's a Red Phase G rosea.

GORGEOUS!! Definitely on my list.

aww... I almost named my G rosea Charlotte too :p

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
congratulations on the molt! thats as big as shes gonna get pretty much. just make sure she has a nice full bowl of water, and enjoy your fresh rosea. they look awesome after a molt! i had both of mine recently molt, and before that hadn't seen them that fresh, was kinda shocked how much better they look.

MrWhite

Arachnopeon
Indeed!
The colour of her carapace was quite breathtaking. A real vibrant red/purple. Alas, no camera to preserve it in a picture :mad:

aggie08

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Do all spiders flip over like that when they get ready to molt???

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
i believe all species flip on their backs to molt. sometimes a t will molt without flipping over onto its back. i am not certain of the survival/death ratio of these molts, but i have seen a post or two in which the t molted just fine.

BLS Blondi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My experience

One of my adult female T. blondi (9+") molted right side up just before the New Year. I could not believe it. I sat there for hours watching her in case something goes wrong. and she did just fine. It was unbelievable.

MindUtopia

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Very nice G. rosea. And yes it's a red phase. Used to have one too (RIP Octavia!) and she looked just like that.

On another note, it's great to see you're from South Africa. I've studied there - at the University of Pretoria and the University of Cape Town - and worked up in the Winterveldt/Soshanguve/Mabopane area. I'll also be back this summer working in Cape Town. Great to see South African folks on here!! I miss it there!! {D

Bio-Dorc

Arachnopeon
South-Africa?

Ey, somone else from RSA. U've got a great lookin T there...
You are defintely very lucky to get a red phase GR.
I am quite curious where you got her from.
If possible, could you please PM me with your dealers details...

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
moricollins said:
It took me about 5 times looking at the picture to find the tarantula, perhaps others are more distracted than I am even.

Best of luck with the new arrivals.
Mori

Hi Mori,
The reason why I wore black was because the tarantula would show up better. Apparently.. it didn't work so well in some cases, more so than others :D Thank you, they've all made themselves at home and are doing well. I purchased these from Jason at http://www.southernspiderworks.com and I've been very happy with them. They're all very healthy and lively, and the packaging was really professional. If you're looking to order some tarantulas, he's the one I recommend! He even put in a G. Rosea sling! {D That was really nice of him.

Sarah

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
you have a tarantula:? thats wierd, i just saw some chick with a food stain on her shirt lol:} lol, nice pic, the tarantula is pretty cool!

Dangaboy

Arachnopeon
Thanks for the comments. Sent you that PM BD. I bought her from a pet shop in Benoni, not to far from JHB.

MindUtopia - You should let me know when you are in Cape Town, I have some friends there and do regular business trips.

-Sarah-

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Scorp_Lver said:
you have a tarantula:? thats wierd, i just saw some chick with a food stain on her shirt lol:} lol, nice pic, the tarantula is pretty cool!

Thanks for the compliments, but, the joke kind of.. fell flat :p Speaking of my tarantulas, I am now the happy and proud owner of six. I think I'll stop. For now :D

Sarah