Species Grammostola rosea (a.k.a. Grammostola cala)

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
the tale of a G rosea...well this is the first molt series ive been able to post so i thought id give it a shot.

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
and the finished product grew from 3" to 4" maybe a little bigger.. :D.
time total about 6-7 hours with no problems except the akward starting position.

Last edited:

page

Arachnopeon
i recently got a g.rosea and the whole time i had it it didn't eat atall, i was realy confused and yesturday i saw it strugling on its side, i was worried and thought it was dying. when i came back i saw what appeared to be 2 heads, then i realised she was molting. I had no idea that the molt would look so much like the real T, it even has the fangs in it. It was very strange to see but was very amazing aswell.

here are some pics people!

Attachments

PapaRoacher

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Molting is a really interesting thing to watch...

Congrats on the successful molt, anyhow!

Nerri1029

Chief Cook n Bottlewasher
Old Timer
Was there any noticeable color change??

Mine after molting went VERY dark..

and Congrats :)

page

Arachnopeon
nah, no colour change, it looks exactly the same as before, mabey even smaller :eek:

is there any way you can tell sex by that photo?

-page

cdxrd

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love my roseas.. But wow.. I love that red-phase even more! Beautiful!

shogun804

Arachnogeneral
Old Timer
i really like my G rosea she/he is awsome always out in the open and does this awsome wierd thing when it relaxes it pumps its legs and then lays on the tip toes all stretched out it does not happen often at all so when i get to see it do this i just LMAO its so cool...

here is a pic of my rosea.

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I saw my rosie drink today it was amazing i sat and watched in awe(however you spell it). Still no pics yet :-( , trying to get hold of a camera.

Arachne

Arachnopeon
pinktoes804 said:
i really like my G rosea she/he is awsome always out in the open and does this awsome wierd thing when it relaxes it pumps its legs and then lays on the tip toes all stretched out it does not happen often at all so when i get to see it do this i just LMAO its so cool....
My adult male did this too, once!! I didn't get a pic :(, but just stood there observing for a while - it was so adorable! It reminded me of my mom's dog stretching out and relaxin'. :)

Here is my baby, Dmitri. I got him as a birthday present, about a month ago. He's pretty calm and sweet. Likes to dig and just move dirt around. I've seen him drink twice, and it's pretty awesome!

And, here is my newest addition, Charlotte. Hopefully, she will turn out to be a girl - otherwise, I guess I'll be calling "her" Charlie! :D

I love my rosies!!!

:)
Ara

Brando

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I came home to my rosie in the corner of its cage molesting itself....maybe it was cleaning itself.. dunno it was rubbing itself with like 4 of its legs.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Bones, Did your spider eat all the flesh off that skull? {D

Nice pic btw :)

bonesmama

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nope-that was me :evil: Why do you think they call me Bonesmama??? LOL!!!