Grammostola pulchripes trap door? :'D

Aestas

Arachnopeon
So my G. pulchripes sling has made a nice burrow and closed it completely, coming out from time to time and then closing it again after.
Now, before it closed its burrow I was giving it a mealworm. But instead of coming out of the entrance the sling jumped thought the 'roof' and pulled the worm underground.
Didnt know they would make such kinds of 'trap doors'
This is just so curious :'D

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
I think I've seen a YouTube video sort of like this. The G. pulchripes had buryed itself in its hide and when a cricket came near it, a flurry of arms reached out and pulled it in! Pretty cool stuff ;). Glad you were able to catch a glimpse of it!

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Pretty cool, only I. mira are true trapdoor Ts and T. seladonia (arboreal)

TreebeardGoddess

Arachnosquire
My B. albopilosum did something weird like this the other day. He just got rehoused last week and got right to work making his burrow. There was a little spot in the back that he opened up a hole and then sealed it up a bit with dirt. After the cricket walked over that spot a couple of times I just saw legs reach up and pull the cricket into the burrow!

MrTwister

Arachnoknight
My N. chromatus has done this a few times, burst out of the sub to snatch a cricket rather then using its tunnel. Pretty sweet to get to witness.