Grammostola pulchripes please help!!! Injured!!!

Prowelder96

Arachnopeon
I was trying to get a ventral shot to sex and the glass it was in fell off my counter, like a idiot I turn my freaking back for a second and boom I’m on the verge of tears to be honest, it’s bleeding from two legs, back one is broken I think, I don’t have glue what do I do I’m freaking out

Attachments

cold blood

Staff member
Legs are basically inconsequential...bleeding to death from a leg would be like you bleeding to death because you lost some fingernails.

Ts have a valve (so to speak) at the base of each leg that gets closed off in times of need...damage, amputation. NO NOT USE GLUE ON THE LEGS!

If the body is intact, it should be ok, just make sure it has water and isn't disturbed for a while.

Next time just usher it into a deli cup, get your vent shots that way.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Do you have a styptic pencil or clear nail polish? Either of those can be used to stem bleeding in Ts.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Don’t freak, it doesn’t help anything. Keep your head on straight and assess the situation. First, if it’s just s couple legs the T will remedy any significant problem by autotomy (casting off the leg(s). They have natural valves that keep them from bleeding out through the legs. If there’s anything seriously wrong, I.e., internal damage, there will be little or no movement, and if this is the case there is little to nothing you can do. Make sure water is available, and DON’T move it, or prod it, even gently.

We all learn from such experiences, unfortunately. You are not alone, nor are you the last to whom this will happen. I have killed a sling by accident during a rehouse, and forced another to cast a leg off due to my carelessness. The lessons learned were never to do those things again, and to let others avoid them by being up front about my mistakes. I hope things work out for you.

Prowelder96

Arachnopeon
I don’t see anything leaking from the abdomen, just the legs I just hardened up from a molt, the feeling of absolute disappointment and hatred towards my stupid self just now, I won’t use foul language here but I’m livid at my stupidity

It crawled back into its enclosure after the injury occurs so I think it’s abdmoen and carapace are intact

Last edited by a moderator:

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
You’re human. Don’t beat yourself up too bad. Look at it as a learning experience.

Prowelder96

Arachnopeon
It’s in the stress position on its web mat, I’m going to leave it alone and just pray it’ll be alright. It’s fine except for the two legs.

Prowelder96

Arachnopeon
Just checked and front legs are curled in, I did what i wasnt supposed to and prodded it gently, it moved quickly so I don’t know it may be getting ready to fix itself I’ll check on it in the morning but I’m not optimistic at this point

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Just checked and front legs are curled in, I did what i wasnt supposed to and prodded it gently, it moved quickly so I don’t know it may be getting ready to fix itself I’ll check on it in the morning but I’m not optimistic at this point
I’m so looking forward to the day I have access to the face palm icon.

Prowelder96

Arachnopeon
ive left it alone at this point I’ll check it in the morning, I’m sorry, I’m anxious, and worried, but regardless I’ll see what happens in a few days

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
One big lesson to learn: leave it alone until it has completely hardened after a molt.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
I’m so looking forward to the day I have access to the face palm icon.
i've been given enough to share ;)
just by the way buddy I wouldn't like it if my arm were broken at the bone and bleeding out and then some big guy poked me. So I dont think you T appreciated that.
but dont worry pal your guy will probably just pop off his legs and internalize his hate. abdominal wounds are way more to be worried about

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I really hope things turn out ok for your T. All things considered if it did fall off a countertop it's a small miracle that it didn't die instantly.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sexing the molt is a lot safer.

I hope your T is okay, for their sake. And I hope you learned a few lessons.