Grammostola pulchripes Care/Enclosure Help!

Aedan547

Arachnopeon
My local reptile show is coming up and I plan on having this gentleman hold a female Pulchripes for me, I already had an enclosure prepared and some basic knowledge on the species. I have 5 other Ts all not fully grown, however I plan on purchasing an adult. Is this enclosure adequate? I provided a medium cork bark buried under another level of substrate where I will place the water dish etc. please view the photo and leave comments!

Attachments

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
That looks good honestly, just make sure she always has a full water dish in there. Not sure what the lid looks like but I know those usually come with screen/mesh top lids, so if that is the case try to get an acrylic lid made instead so the T can't get stuck in it.

Aedan547

Arachnopeon
That looks good honestly, just make sure she always has a full water dish in there. Not sure what the lid looks like but I know those usually come with screen/mesh top lids, so if that is the case try to get an acrylic lid made instead so the T can't get stuck in it.
Yes it has a screen lid which i am aware can be a threat to the Ts legs which I want to avoid! Ill hopefully be able to find a piece of acrylic during my store trip and do that today

NukaMedia Exotics

Yes it has a screen lid which i am aware can be a threat to the Ts legs which I want to avoid! Ill hopefully be able to find a piece of acrylic during my store trip and do that today
Awesome you seem prepared to take good care of it, enjoy your T.

Aedan547

Arachnopeon
Awesome you seem prepared to take good care of it, enjoy your T.

Thats always great to hear from a fellow owner :) First 10 years
Of my life were living on an animal sanctuary so im big on making sure my animals are just as comfortable as me!

NukaMedia Exotics

Thats always great to hear from a fellow owner :) First 10 years
Of my life were living on an animal sanctuary so im big on making sure my animals are just as comfortable as me!
A very good view to have. If only all animal owners felt that way...

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
That is a thermometer gauge that is wired to a small probe mounted in the cage
That is what I thought it was. When it comes to nearly all tarantulas, room temperature is fine. If you need to use a heating source for whatever reason, a space heater will get the job done. (The room where I keep my tarantulas is always in the 75-78° range (80° during the winter)

Aedan547

Arachnopeon
That is what I thought it was. When it comes to nearly all tarantulas, room temperature is fine. If you need to use a heating source for whatever reason, a space heater will get the job done. (The room where I keep my tarantulas is always in the 75-78° range (80° during the winter)
Yeah throughout my T studies one thing they all seem to have in common is their adaptions with tempertures, and almost every species is okay in room temp. I had a heat pad under my Curly Hair for a bit but she seems just as happy without it, I have them all on a nice shelf that offers a clear view of wether its light/dark out and a space heater in my room as well. My room just has the most windows in the house and I live right on the river so wind is sometimes a huge problem, thats where the digital gauges come in handy for quickly seeing if its to cold in the terrariums.

cold blood

Staff member
Ill hopefully be able to find a piece of acrylic during my store trip and do that today
You don't generally find them for sale...you measure the dimensions, tale that to a hardware store and have them cut it for you...then take it home and drill out the ventilation.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The amount of sub is too little, esp on the far left. A distance of 1.5x DLS from sub floor to lid is best, esp this species where females can get quite heavy.